SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    After 20 years my first gun has been returned to me!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After 20 years my first gun has been returned to me!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I was probably 11 or 12 and I got a Daisy Eagle BB/Pellet gun with a Tasco 4x15 scope.
Shot that things tons. Turned 18 and got a .22 and it just hung out in the closet.
That is until my youth pastor of many years had an opossum problem arise and due to where he lived an air rifle was the best choice.
So I let him borrow it. He had a nice solarium on the back of the house where he would read in evening and so he kept the air rifle under the couch to pull out when the little bugger would wander into the yard. Long ago I forgot I had let him borrow it and I guess he had too.
He moved to Texas a few years ago but kept his house in Ohio. He has finally decided he won’t be returning to Ohio to live and came back to get the last of the stuff out of the house to sell it. So with him being in town we had planned on meeting up for lunch today.
Well this weekend as he was packing up the Uhaul he moved that fateful couch low and behold there was the air rifle.
So he brought it to lunch. Looks no worse for the wear. Going to wipe it down and add a little oil to the bolt and she how she does.
20 years under a couch!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25448 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Nice! I've had 2 (of 22) stolen guns returned after 10 years. Always nice, too.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Nice, I had a gun that I sold and regretted (factory mounted red dot on a CZ75 two tone). Saw one at a local gun show many years later and lo and behold after checking the serial numbers was my old gun. Bought it back and still have it.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My big bro got a gun back after it was stolen a dozen years apart…another one was used in a murder and he had to petition the court for it back. The judge said it had to stay in evidence until the man dies in prison or is put down….he’s never getting that gun back.

I never, in my both my Leo careers, could understand keeping a firearm after all the testing is done…we returned cars almost immediately…complete BS.

Glad you got your BB gun back!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
At least he returned it. I hate people who forget that they borrowed something from me or return it to me damaged.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19708 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I bought an SP101 .357 back in the early 90’s and traded it to my brother not long after to help him out with an SD gun he and his wife could operate. I always regretted it but, you know, family.

A couple of years ago my brother said he wanted a 9mm. I had a spare 5906 he wanted and he suggested trading my Ruger back. It was home to stay after about 20 or so years.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15626 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not the story I expected, from the title. But, a good ending.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15379 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post