SIGforum
Need some help... Face Masks

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2400084384

July 17, 2021, 07:52 AM
rbert0005
Need some help... Face Masks
I find it mind boggling that someone would opt to wear a mask all day long instead of having the shot.

Masks are a giant pain in the ass. Doubly so if you wear behind the ear hearing aids.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.
July 17, 2021, 08:10 AM
JDHunz
I’ve used a brand called Blackstrap that we got at our local Scheels. My biggest issue was fogging, so a family friend made me masks that helped eliminate that some. Still needed to use anti-fog spray.

The Blackstrap masks were nice because they were family light, easy to keep clean and pretty well made.

July 17, 2021, 09:07 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:

I find it mind boggling that someone would opt to wear a mask all day long instead of having the shot.

Masks are a giant pain in the ass. Doubly so if you wear behind the ear hearing aids.
I am a Guillain Barré patient, so no shot for me.

When I need to wear a mask, I use these extension thingies. Instead of ear loops getting tangled in my hearing aids, these things go around the back of my head. Mo' better.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
July 17, 2021, 10:03 AM
nhracecraft
quote:

Bob

OK Bob 'I'm no expert, but I think I am sometimes'....So it's all about the convenience? You'd recommend getting 'the shot' because masks are a pain in the ass?

Of course, because the .gov and all of the self appointed masters involved in perpetuating this 'scamdemic' that is the response to COVID have been SO truthful and forthcoming in everything that they've done during the last 1 1/2 years, we should all just go along willingly without even basic safety questions being answered?

You do realize that the vaccine is EXPERIMENTAL, right? And that the long term side effect are entirely UNKNOWN? That THOUSANDS have had SIGNIFICANT adverse effects, including DEATH, from a vaccine for an illness that 99.5+% will recover from without incident. Healthy people have a greater chance of getting struck by lightning that dying from COVID!

It would be more convenient though....Mind Boggling! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
July 17, 2021, 10:06 AM
ensigmatic
quote:

I find it mind-boggling that anybody would voluntarily choose to be injected with an experimental vaccine for the sake of convenience or would come out of retirement to subject themselves to this stupidity unless they really needed the money, but to each their own.

bozman, if you have a Costco membership: My wife picked up a box of FLTR brand face masks there. Of all the face masks I've tried, incl. the home-made ones my wife made, early on, these have been far and away the least annoying to wear.

And they're designer black Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
July 17, 2021, 10:12 AM
Blume9mm
Just because a viral expert is an idiot about everything else in life does not make them wrong about the one thing they know about...

Ask me a question about a chimney or fireplace and I can give you a straight up very informed answer... ask me about just about anything else in life, religion, politics, how to slow cook meat and including this covid thing and I am pretty much an ill informed idiot and readily admit it.

just saying....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
July 17, 2021, 10:36 AM
ensigmatic
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Just because a viral expert is an idiot about everything else in life does not make them wrong about the one thing they know about...

Unless I'm mistaken, the OP was asking about recommendations for face masks, not shilling for the government/dominant media/leftist narrative.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
July 17, 2021, 11:05 AM
bdylan
Mind boggling indeed. The world will likely never fully recover from the greatest hoax in the history of civilization.
July 17, 2021, 11:12 AM
holdem
Luckily, being in FL, masks never really became a huge issue. We never had to wear them outside, and I do not work where I had to wear one for 8 hours per day. And today about the only place where they are required are doctor / hospital settings.

If they had become more entrenched I thought about taking my gaiters to a local seamstress and having her cut them with ears loops so they looked like a mask. The other thing that crossed my mind was having a seamstress source the thinest possible material and make a few masks for me.

There is a local seamstress by our Publix and she turned to making masks in late April or May when COVID hit and things were shut down. I did not care for what she made, they were too thick, but it saved her business and provided quite a bit of income for her. I do not see why any seamstress could not make 5 masks to your specs so you have one for each day, they are as thin as possible and you can wash and wear over and over again.
July 17, 2021, 11:19 AM
lizardman_u
Since you like me decline the magic potion which is still experimental and only approved for emergencies and like me you choose to not wear a mask I would inform your employer of the law.

CDC recommendations if a business is following them violate your 4th and 9th Amendment rights, title 2 of the 1965 Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act signed into law in 1990.

If you notify them of this and that if they are forcing you to wear a mask they can be personally liable for fines, prison time under 18 USC Section 242 as they are depriving you of your rights under the illusion of law.

I let my employer know their policy regarding their vaccination policy promotes discrimination and segregation which are unlawful under numerous state, federal and international laws and that should they take punitive action against me for not wearing a mask I would make a formal criminal complaint against the individual who signed the disciplinary action.

I work for US Army Corps.... and they leave me alone.

Remember unless you have been adjudicated a felon or mentally unstable there is no mechanism to strip you of your rights.

If you are still going down the mask lane look at https://fakemaskusa.com/ or have one made out of laundry bag mesh.

July 17, 2021, 02:32 PM
bozman
All...

Thank you very much for all of the recommendations. I have identified several from your recommendations that I think will work. I will be ordering a couple of those to try out.

As for those who found it necessary to criticize my reluctance to get an experimental vaccine that does not appear to work in more and more reports, I have one thing to say:

Fuck off and keep your sanctimonious drivel to yourselves. I did not ask your opinion on the matter.

To the rest of you, thanks very much. This has been helpful.

Regards,

The "Boz"
July 17, 2021, 02:44 PM
rbert0005
Got any more clever replies to put out there?

Bob

July 17, 2021, 02:47 PM
bozman
Go ahead and keep posting Bob...

I have added you to my ignore list and will not have to read your bullshit responses any more.

Have a nice life asshole.

The "Boz"
July 17, 2021, 03:54 PM
rbert0005
By golly, he did.
The content has gone downhill fast.

Bob

July 17, 2021, 05:22 PM
HayesGreener
Capelli. They are military approved

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)