SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chewy Customer Service Can't Be Beat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chewy Customer Service Can't Be Beat Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
In a world that where most businesses can barely spell customer service, Chewy.com stands out...big time. Time and again I've had positive experiences sourcing food for my hounds from them, but what happened today deserves a special recognition.

I got a "20% off your first pharmacy order" coupon in the mail. Cool. So I added some heartworm meds to my standing auto shipment. Unfortunately, the Chewy system would not recognize the coupon code as a part of an autoship. Weird, but ok. So I call Chewy customer service. Girl says, "No problem, how about I just apply a basic $20 off coupon to your total autoship for the headache?" Sounds great! All done and order completed in a mere two minutes.

Sure would be nice if every business could get a copy of the Chewy customer service handbook for their employees to train with. Smile

And just for full disclosure, I have zero affiliation with Chewy.com on any level beyond being a customer.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, I thought it was another Chewy vs Food thread

Posts: 107652 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our little dog requires a special prescription food and a special kind of prescription treats. Our Vet sometimes doesn't have, or can't get these in stock and he suggested giving Chewy a call.

Perfect! They get us the food and treats, the price is quite reasonable and they ship via Fed Ex which always gets them here in a couple of days and, so far, undamaged.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I agree, the Chewy customer service is nothing short of excellent.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Never had to deal with them, guess that means their operation is well run enough that I've never had to call.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20831 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moses the Cat is a dedicated Chewy customer.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16103 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
The Fuzz has been an avid Chewy customer going on several years. Lots of those "blue boxes" laying about for his amusement. Chewy customer service is absolutely top notch. I did have one package damaged during shipping that I did call their customer service and reported the problem. They were so accommodating well and above I had to actually refuse some of the added refund bonuses they offered. I just kindly requested only to replace what was damaged and spilled out into the box. The Fuzz certainly has benefitted from all their foods/treats and special items. Shipping is surprisingly fast, usually 2-days at the most from the time ordered. Definitely gets mu 2-thumbs up in every way.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
What amazes me most about Chewy is the speediness of their shipping. Orders placed in the late evening showing up next morning is unheard of from any other vendor.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18025 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received some food and phycox that were packaged together poorly and had caused a tear in the bag of food. I made a mess when I opened the box. I called Chewy just to let them know they need to address how they box stuff up. They sent me a free bag of the very expensive food that my dog has prescription for. I told them repeatedly that I wasn’t looking for freebies and I just wanted to give feedback to them, but they insisted.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
When my cat's prescription 50% protein dry food was no longer fillable, and a vet visit was out of the que$$$tion, Bernadette @ Chewy put a number of high-protein cat foods in my Saved spot. Cat had her crunches in two days. Diabetic cats particularly need high protein, no grain foods.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Never had to deal with them, guess that means their operation is well run enough that I've never had to call.

Neither have I. And as other said, the shipping is incredibly fast.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an unopened bag of food and some medication that I wanted to return after one of my dogs passed. They gave me a full refund and just asked that I donate the items to a shelter.

I was worried that they would change when Petsmart bought them, but so far they are still an outstanding company.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I’ll give them a good shout too.
Our pup has allergies pretty bad and the vet suggested a limited ingredient duck based food. Lots of searching Chewy had the best price.
Ordered a bag and did a very slow transition but once we got to full feedings of the new food she was 100 times worse.
Pulled her back to the old food and once the old food was fully in place she was better.

I posted a in the reviews on Chewy about the food that stating it made the allergies much worse. But also noting in the review I know it is allergies and not specifically the food and dogs will be react differently.

The sent an unsolicited email saying they refunded the full price of the bag. Not anything I requested or even expected.
They don’t carry the food we’re on that keeps the itching at bay the best unfortunately.

Their shipping time is awesome but I did notice last time I ventured down the interstate their is a Chewy facility about 40 miles away.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25431 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post