SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I finally got the mobile office thing going.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I finally got the mobile office thing going. Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
Today's Office:

I've still got to get the printer figured out but it seems to work well.

Special thanks to Veeper. Thanks friend. I appreciate all your help.

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 23535 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Who makes the laptop bracket? Am looking for something similar so I can run APRS off of one of my ham radio rigs.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53216 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Any regular ink jet printer will work well.
USB connected to the laptop.
And use a solid state pure sine wave inverter plugged into the vehicle power port to provide the 120 VAC for the printer.
They do make small rechargeable printers, but I'm guessing you want to print out reports & receipts.

Make sure your inverter can provide enough amps or watts. You'll need to compare specs for the printer and inverter.

Most computers and peripherals don't deal well with square wave or pulse width modulated AC so do your homework.

Example here: https://www.powerinverters.com...r-12dc-to-120ac-volt

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1550 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Who makes the laptop bracket? Am looking for something similar so I can run APRS off of one of my ham radio rigs.
Mobotron. Some guy was selling it on Facebook market place for $30 so I scooped it up.

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
Any regular ink jet printer will work well.
USB connected to the laptop.
And use a solid state pure sine wave inverter plugged into the vehicle power port to provide the 120 VAC for the printer.
They do make small rechargeable printers, but I'm guessing you want to print out reports & receipts.

Make sure your inverter can provide enough amps or watts. You'll need to compare specs for the printer and inverter.

Most computers and peripherals don't deal well with square wave or pulse width modulated AC so do your homework.

Example here: https://www.powerinverters.com...r-12dc-to-120ac-volt

Got it covered. Factory installed.