SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    High of -8F today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High of -8F today Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Whoo eeee, winter finally arrived with a vengeance. -28F forecasted for tonight and won't be above freezing until next weekend. My chickens are NOT happy. Neither is my Yoder. Went out to fire it up to smoke some jerky today and it growled at me. Took almost 45 minutes to get up to 165.

Is this all you got Mother Nature? Pffft. Roll Eyes Big Grin

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Check your thermometer gus. Guessing it says a couple degrees above right now.

Yes cold, but not quite that cold.

These weather idiots do not know there ass from a hole in the ground. Oh wait, they misforecast on purpose Roll Eyes

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19245 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Well, it is Montana, so …

Even the not-quite-the-Deep-South where I live will see a few single-digit overnight temps.

Posts: 28007 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

Yes cold, but not quite that cold.

These weather idiots do not know there ass from a hole in the ground. Oh wait, they misforecast on purpose Roll Eyes

wundermap/montana temps show all of montana below 0 right now!!

Posts: 2221 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try and stay warm. Everyone out there stay safe.

Posts: 1571 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Over here in the Mid-Atlantic, where we’re too far south for all that lake effect business, but not far enough south to stay warm in the winter, we’re expecting about an inch of rain over 6-7 hours this evening with winds gusting up to 55+.

We just had nearly 2” in less than 24 hours with winds peaking around 60 a couple of days ago.

I don’t exactly envy you your extreme bitter cold (we usually have a week or two with highs in the 20s here, but not much worse than that), but the extreme wet coupled with wind SUCKS, especially on a wooded lot in a house with a basement and overhead power lines.

If it stays this wet when the temps start falling, we won’t see the ground again until April.

I didn’t sign up for this.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2221 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. 78 and humid here at the moment. Bit of rain, with thunderstorms later tonight.

Cold front comes tomorrow. Going to get all the way down to 49 Sunday early morning. Don't know what I am going to do. Might freeze to death, you know.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some "normal" January winter weather up north, we have been spoiled this season.
Is it going to blast south and be unpleasant for those down south that don't normally face it?
Like last years Polar Vortex blast that crippled TX?
Be prepared, food, generator, and fuel!
In MN just happy not -25 highs

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Whoo eeee, winter finally arrived with a vengeance. -28F forecasted for tonight and won't be above freezing until next weekend. My chickens are NOT happy. Neither is my Yoder. Went out to fire it up to smoke some jerky today and it growled at me. Took almost 45 minutes to get up to 165.

Is this all you got Mother Nature? Pffft. Roll Eyes Big Grin

My sister lives in Great Falls. She keeps sending me screenshots of the forecast along with an invitation to visit.

Posts: 778 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

We're a tad bit warmer here in eastern SoDak at -1. Blizzard warning through Saturday and wind chill warning through Monday.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2094 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up in eastern S.Dakota.... I don't doubt Gustofer in the least..

You gotta be tough to live in your neighborhood! We used to say, "it keeps the riff-raff out!"

Posts: 1274 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was 70 here yesterday. We haven’t even had a hard freeze yet-grass is still green. Supposed to be 9 degrees Monday morning. Poor plants and trees.

Posts: 407 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
!0 degrees at my place, wood stove is happy.

Posts: 450 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Good ole South Texas, it was 32 this morning and will be in the mid 60’s today. Monday and Tuesday forecast to be in the high teens to low 20’s. Thursday we are in the 60’s again. That is our normal pattern in the winter, cool to warm and then cool again.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Sorry to hear that. 78 and humid here at the moment. Bit of rain, with thunderstorms later tonight.

Cold front comes tomorrow. Going to get all the way down to 49 Sunday early morning. Don't know what I am going to do. Might freeze to death, you know.

No kidding on the Humidity, 79% right now and it's not even raining!

Posts: 23585 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Right now, at 0745 on Saturday morning, it’s -20°.

Posts: 13303 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
-25 this morning. Almost hit the -28 forecasted.