SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It must be love, he bought her a rifle.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It must be love, he bought her a rifle. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Daughter has been seeing someone for a few weeks now and they seem to be hitting it off.

She's a true Redneck Gal, loves hunting, fishing and motorcycles. She just texted me and said her boyfriend just bought her a Ruger in 7mm-.08

Beats the hell out of flowers and chocolate!

This is from a few years back after she took a black bear:

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15250 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Noi trying to be critical, but her boyfriend could use a shave!

Posts: 6490 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
BLM! Gonna starting looting in Maine.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Cut it out

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Cut it out

That was bad form and makes your job harder. Sorry about that.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe he was going to buy her a ring, but decided to go with something that cost less, was useful, and would make her happier.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2071 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Cut it out

That was bad form and makes your job harder. Sorry about that.

I get Para's point, but I chuckled...

Posts: 15250 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Future son-in-law?

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Future son-in-law?

Possibly. Both in their 50's, divorced, kids/grandkids, houses, etc.

It would be complicated, but they do seem particularly well-suited.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Future son-in-law?

Possibly. Both in their 50's, divorced, kids/grandkids, houses, etc.

It would be complicated, but they do seem particularly well-suited.

Well you know, if he's willing to stand 100 yards away and hold a target over his head while you sight in the young lady's rifle, he's a keeper. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About the first thing I bought my wife when we first started dating was an M1 carbine, with a barrel date the same as her birth month. She still has it, along with the 6.5x55 Husquvarna she shot metallic shilhouette with, and all the trophies she won. She qualified for her CCW with my Ruger GP-100, promptly claimed it for herself. Now, 42 years later, I still don't chase skirts........

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I hope her black bear tastes better than the old boar I shot in Alaska! I swore off bear meat after that one (spring bear BTW), but I know others love to eat them.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10205 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I hope her black bear tastes better than the old boar I shot in Alaska! I swore off bear meat after that one (spring bear BTW), but I know others love to eat them.

I don't recall if they ate the meat or not. I do know the head-and-shoulders mount occupies a place of honor in her living room.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Dating for a few weeks and he already bought her a rifle? Is this sending up a red flag for anyone else? Not trying to cast a shadow on the situation, but it just made me raise my eyebrows a bit.

At a few weeks, I would be buying a date dinner. Maybe something else small.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17280 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
When our neighbor's son and his fiance, big duck and goose hunters got married, they got 3.5" shells as a wedding gift. A hit from what his dad said.

Posts: 12469 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he would be a good addition to the family. Good luck and let God lead.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Dating for a few weeks and he already bought her a rifle? Is this sending up a red flag for anyone else? Not trying to cast a shadow on the situation, but it just made me raise my eyebrows a bit.

At a few weeks, I would be buying a date dinner. Maybe something else small.

I'm a little curious about that too. They've known each other in a peripheral sort of way for years and have several mutual friends so I'm guessing that's a factor.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That makes a bit more sense then.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17280 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post