SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why can't Republicans stand together Vis a vis votes for SOTH
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why can't Republicans stand together Vis a vis votes for SOTH Login/Join 
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

There will be committees to investigate various corrupt commies such as Hunter Biden and his father. To investigate the FBI, CIA in its role in the 2020 election. To investigate the tech industry and its role in the 2020 election.

Will anything be accomplished with these? Legislatively, no, but these will bring evidence and testimony to light. And the Democrats are shitting bricks.

What the House will hopefully accomplish is to put a big brick wall in front of commie legislation. We don't have the Senate, so of course no meaningful bills or laws will be passed and signed. But at least Pelosi, AOC and their ilk will be neutered a bit.

A huge swath of citizens are brainwashed or just ignorant about what has been going on. The conservatives need to reach these people with the facts. The alternative outlets are doing an increasingly good job of it. Somehow the mainstream media liars must be neutered.

I believe many Americans are going to wake up and be quite angry at their government and media. But it will be a battle to make sure the truth becomes common knowledge.

Posts: 9394 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
“ Everything changes once you know what McCarthy and Gaetz were actually saying” - BLR

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I just came it to say I had lunch next to Texas Rep Michael Cloud (one of the holdouts) and he's genuinely a nice dude.

Posts: 1977 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
“ Everything changes once you know what McCarthy and Gaetz were actually saying” - BLR
I don't think I could by God stand it if someone called me a formulated pickle pauper. Mad

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing you can say about Gaetz is that the always slows down in school zones.

Posts: 17155 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Let it go... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I guess RINO Dan Crenshaw has learned (or maybe he didn't) that it doesn't pay to call true conservatives in the House "terrorists".

quote:
House Republicans rejected Texas GOP Rep. Dan Crenshaw to chair the House Homeland Security Committee following his much-maligned labeling of dissident GOP lawmakers as "terrorists."

https://justthenews.com/politi...olleagues-terrorists

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16596 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/FarnoushAm.../1612605345288830979

McCARTHY confirms Swalwell, Schiff & Omar will be off committees they’d previously served: intel/foreign affairs.

“Swalwell can’t get a security clearance in the private sector. I’m not going to give him a government security clearance. Schiff has lied to the American public…”

Posts: 19493 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Swirl, schifferbrains, it ain't much but it'll do for now.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is the family Christmas card from a couple years back - stirred up a liberal shitstorm

Momma gets to hold the Thompson (the coolest implement in the photo) Smile

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
This is the family Christmas card from a couple years back - stirred up a liberal shitstorm

Momma gets to hold the Thompson (the coolest implement in the photo) Smile
But Dads 60 aint too shabby.. Big Grin

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
The family that shoots together stays together.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I guess RINO Dan Crenshaw has learned (or maybe he didn't) that it doesn't pay to call true conservatives in the House "terrorists".

quote:
House Republicans rejected Texas GOP Rep. Dan Crenshaw to chair the House Homeland Security Committee following his much-maligned labeling of dissident GOP lawmakers as "terrorists."

https://justthenews.com/politi...olleagues-terrorists

Glad that phony is feeling the heat for running his globalist yapper.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
https://slaynews.com/news/kevi...essional-committees/

Kevin McCarthy Checkmates Democrats, Removes Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell from Congressional Committees

David Hawkins
January 10, 2023 - 10:40 am

Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) has confirmed that Democrat Reps. Adam Schiff (D-CA), Eric Swalwell (D-MN), and Ilhan Omar (D-MN) are no longer members of the congressional committees they previously served on.

Schiff served in the powerful role of House Intelligence Committee chairman during the last Congress.

Despite his links to a Chinese Communist Party spy, Swalwell was also a member of the same Intel Committee.

Omar previously served on the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

McCarthy said he is making these moves for a few reasons.

He said Swalwell can’t get a regular security clearance and can’t be trusted with government credentials.

McCarthy said he will remove Schiff because he lied to the American people.

“Those two won’t be on intel,” McCarthy said about Schiff and Swalwell.

“Swalwell can’t get a security clearance in the private sector.

“I’m not going to give him a government security clearance.

“Schiff has lied too many times to the American public.

“He should not be on Intel.”

“It’s not like it’s anything new,” McCarthy added.

“Remember, this is what Nancy Pelosi – this is the type of Congress she wanted to have,” McCarthy said, referring to the Democrats kicking Rep. Majorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) off her committee.

Rather than offer an olive branch to McCarthy, Omar ripped him in a new interview, all but sealing her fate.

She said:

“I do have to say for a speaker that has faced a historic humiliation — that had gotten elected after 15 rounds, surpassing a record that was set pre-Civil War — there is an opportunity here, as he has said to not do things in the way in which it has been done before.

“I think it would be hypocritic for him to remove, you know, the first African born on subcommittee on Africa on the Foreign Affairs Committee, where I’ve had the opportunity to not only represent my constituents but the voice of so many people who have never had a voice on the Foreign Affairs Committee.”

The move from McCarthy follows through on a previous promise to boot the controversial Democrats from their powerful committee positions.

As Slay News reported earlier, the new GOP-led House also voted to rescind billions of dollars in funding that was approved by Democrats to create an army of 87,000 additional IRS agents to target regular Americans.

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty pleased with the way McCarthy has conducted himself as Speaker of the House thus far. A member of the press was hostile in questioning McCarthy about him blocking Schiff and Swallwell from seats on the Intelligence Committee. McCarthy effectively poked her, and anyone else questioning his move, in the chest giving this answer.

Posts: 13154 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post