SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anything Bad To Say About A Grand Cherokee? Update: Now Looking at Ford Edge
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anything Bad To Say About A Grand Cherokee? Update: Now Looking at Ford Edge Login/Join 
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Bought a used (11,600mi) 2015 Edge in 2015.

It was a turn in from a Ford executive, it was his wife's.

SEL package with a few features you can not get on that package. Helps to be a Ford executive.

I use it for my appliance repair business.

So far, the only thing I had an issue with was the driver's side door sensor. It thought the door was open when it wasn't. Common issue apparently.

Other than that, trouble free.

Mine is a 2WD, 3.5l V6.

Didn't want AWD or Eco Boost.

I get 26mpg on the freeway, 16 ~ 19 combined depending on how much start/stop or hills I do. I live in the S.F. area, so there's plenty of hills.

Posts: 2844 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seamus
posted Hide Post
Have you looked into a Honda Pilot? Nice vehicles.

"Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough."

-Mark Twain

Posts: 416 | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seamus:
Have you looked into a Honda Pilot? Nice vehicles.
Yup. Pilot was pretty high on my list until I sat in one. The leg room / knee room problem was a deal killer with that one. I was disappointed.

To date, the only vehicles that I have tried that give me decent leg room: The Grand Cherokee, which almost everybody is warning me away from. A Mazda CX-9, I have not tried the lesser numbered CXs. Several Ford products, including rear wheel drive Explorers (not the newer front wheel drive), 2013 and newer Escapes, and the Edge. Maybe there are some tall, long-legged engineers at Ford, who design seating arrangements for their own comfort. Smile

Cars that I have had in the past that worked well for my long legs include 1963 Porsche 356B, 1972 911, 1978 Mercedes 123 series body style, 1972 Citroën, and 1994 Volvo 940. The current 1995 Jimmy is adequate but not great. Most other vehicles, either my knees are constrained by the bottom of the steering wheel or my shins hit the lower part of the dashboard.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
One of my employees has had 2 Edges. Both of them had failed throttle bodies. There was a huge problem with them. Not an expensive part and simple to replace. Other than that issue they have both been very reliable with mileage around 160K

Posts: 1823 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just traded off my wifes 07, first year Edge SEL, leather, full panorama roof, we put over 110,000 miles on it and replaced only tires and brakes, at 95K I put in new spark plugs, figured it was a good idea, then she decided it was time for a new vehicle.

Bought her a new Lincoln MKC as a replacement.

Also plenty of leg room and lots of width in the vehicle interior, folded down rear seats lend plenty of cargo capacity, quiet easy on gas, tires and brakes...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 24231 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming the Edge has the same 3.5V6 FWD drivetrain as the Flex/Explorer. If so, ours has been trouble free, coming up on 75k miles.

Also, we have a couple in our business fleet for a few sales people. Haven't seen either out of service for more than an oil change.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15977 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Newer GC's have solved many (though not all) of the problems from the Mercedes and prior generations of GC's.

As I've previously posted, my family has had many trouble-free years with Jeeps, but it seems the forum membership has had very bad luck with Chrysler products.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have had 2 edges. First was an 09 that I drove for 40k miles before it got totaled. Got a 2013 to replace it. Never had any issues with either.

Can haul a decent chunk of stuff and sits nicely of the ground which is great for winter. Not terribly good fuel economy though. I'm told the Ecoboost in the top trim levels is much better.

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
The Ford 3.5L and 3.7L Cyclone engines are top notch!

I had the 3.7L in my 2009 Lincoln MkS. Awesome power and excellent fuel economy.

I have the 3.5 in my Edge. It has lots'a beans.

Been lucky over the years, had a Dodge slant six, 3.3L V6 and a Dodge 360 V8. Not to mention a medium performance 289 in a 65 mustang.

Outstanding motors all.

Posts: 2844 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I am 6'2" and I have owned three Land-cruisers and I'll be buying another (used) next year.

They last "forever", especially if you like to deviate from paved roads.

IMO if you can find the "Unicorn Landcruiser" (10+ years old, with low miles, driven by a soccer-mom with all of the maintenance receipts").. buy it. Just my take.

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
We haven't owned a Grand Cherokee but have had two Cherokees, a 2000 and our current 2015 Cherokee Latitude. Both have been great! My next car will be a Jeep, maybe a Grand Cherokee!

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post