SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Those that are owned by cats.... Smalls brand cat food?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Those that are owned by cats.... Smalls brand cat food? Login/Join 
Picture of PakRatJR
posted
Has anyone ever tried this brand? https://www.smalls.com/

My sister had come across this somewhere and decided to try it with her two cats. Neither one liked it apparently so she gave me some of it for mine to try.
Being as picky as he is I didn't expect him to like it but quite surprisingly he does actually seem to like it.

So now I'm looking more into it and trying to decide if I want to switch him over. It's a subscription type setup unfortunately and does seem a bit pricey compared to what he normal eats, which is Friskies mainly and some Purina one as they seem to be the only ones he will ever eat, but with this supposedly being a healthier or more natural food, it seems like it would be a better thing.

I haven't been able to find much for "real world" reviews but what I can find it seems like it's ok?

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, if you are truly owned buy your cat, I would suggest a home cooked organic meal high in protien and no preservatives.
And don't forget some fat.

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fact its subscription based would be enough for me to kick it to the curb and find another brand of cat food. Subscriptions might be great until you decide to cancel and depending on the company you might have a real war over the phone trying to cancel your subscription. 8f the cat likes it and the company will let me place my order as needed I might be all in.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My cat will eat anything that wont eat him. Bugs, mac and cheese and high $$$ chicken breast from the Deli are among his favorites. After a year or so of feeding the varmint high end boutique brand food and going broke, I went back to Friskies. Doesnt seem to bother him. In fact, as I type this he is deep into his nightly zoomies and trashing the place. As for your question, I am not familiar with the Smalls brand. What is the price breakdown per meal with the subscription?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
I'm not all that keen on the subscription thing eather but my sister didn't have any issues canceling after the initial sample box.

I have looked into the home cooked thing but that is honestly more than I would be able to manage.

Price looks like it comes out around $3.50-$4.00 per packet of food and supposed to be one packet of food per day. Shipping would be every 4 weeks recommended with 28 packets per shipment at a bit over $100 each shipment, but the amount of food and the frequency seems to be adjustable.

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Feeding a pile of cats with American Journey Cat Food.

Cats like it.

It's a variety.

Cost is pretty good.

(this was because the previous cat food started being sourced from several places, was inconstant, and the cats let us know it was not shit they wanted to eat...)

The AJCF these cats have no issues snarfing it up.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43918 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Just throwing out a lesser known option, Reveal cat food has been a major hit with our assassin.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5135 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Sigmonkey and Timdogg thanks. I will take a look at those