SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Braunschweiger sandwiches
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Braunschweiger sandwiches Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Sounds good, hope the folks that can eat Braunschweiger sandwiches enjoy, too much salt for my restricted dining.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
There's a Polish deli hear in the Denver area"Sawa" meats, they have the best damn liverwurst I ever had.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
and a sharp cheddar.

Really good with an aged Swiss cheese slice.

Posts: 2546 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
This thread is loaded with good stuff. You know, they say organ meat is not good for men right ? Too much iron. But its just required to eat it now and then.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
This thread is loaded with good stuff. You know, they say organ meat is not good for men right ? Too much iron. But its just required to eat it now and then.

Ya, if it's not excellent braunschweiger, it's baby calves liver and onions. YUM!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
This weekend I will be visiting Sarasota, Florida, where one of my traditional stops is at Geier's Sausage Kitchen, an authentic German deli serving meats, cheeses, confections and more.

I always pick up some Landjaeger (theirs is the best!) and some Telí Hungarian salami. I've learned over the years to not pack these in my suitcase, as long, cylindrical objects always call for a TSA inspection!

You want Braunschweiger? They've got several kinds!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

Most are really high in sodium and fat so unless your a marathon runner and sweat a lot, this is not desirable. There's lots of iron but unless you eat some several times a week the extra iron might be good as a lot of people don't get enough from the foods they eat.

Those with gout and/or elevated uric acid levels look out. Liver and other internal organs are very bad for those conditions and one of the reasons I very rarely partake.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we have a lady , just like your's at the local meat market.

Ours can only weigh and wrap stuff , thats it thats all.

if the subject turns to something , anything! other that weighing and wrapping, she has to go get the meat dept. mgr. Roll Eyes

the list of stuff that she does not know is seemingly endless.

what is the regular price of the hamburger , that is on sale?

is your breakfast sausage bland? mild or really spicy ?

Do you offer low sodium bacon?

do you make your egg salad here, or is it shipped in ?
oy

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post