SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    found this for the kitchen drawer ( opener gadget )
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

found this for the kitchen drawer ( opener gadget ) Login/Join 
posted
for some of the elderly , those with limited hand , wrist, finger abilities.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium...ds=all+in+one+opener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl8zonmW52Q

I wonder it it works ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54684 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
https://www.fakespot.com/produ...r-and-soda-pops-blue

Fakespot says 37.9% of the Amazon reviews on that are suspicious.

Posts: 26935 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The design seems straightforward and I can’t imagine why it wouldn’t do the things advertised. If it’s poorly made and falls apart the first time it’s used, that would be one thing, but not perform the tasks? Why not?

I sometimes have difficulty with twist-off bottle caps and resort to a large tool designed for everything from bottles to large jars, so I could see its utility just for that. Pop tabs wouldn’t require that tool, but would make it easier than using a table knife or fork handle. And for $6 and change ….

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

In fairness, this product got an F as well with 0% of reviews reliable.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12437 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
THIS is the gadget to get. I and several of my friends and family have and use one.

Kuhn Rikon The Gripper Jar Opener

[url=https://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Gripper-Opener-White/dp/B000CO256G[/url]
May be found cheaper elsewhere. Wink

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16252 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I just put a leather baseball batting glove on my right hand. Always works for me.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8994 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

In fairness, this product got an F as well with 0% of reviews reliable.

At least the price hasn’t gone up any. Wink

Posts: 26935 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
I have a sheet of rubber I use for this purpose. Aids grip without squeezing the lid, thus making it difficult to open the container.

If you have a rubber strap wrench for oil filters, that'll do as well.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
for some of the elderly , those with limited hand , wrist, finger abilities.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium...ds=all+in+one+opener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl8zonmW52Q

I wonder it it works ?
My wife has arthritis in her hands and can't grip well. I bought her one of those about a year ago; she uses it all the time and likes it. It does work pretty well.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16530 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
At least the price hasn’t gone up any.

It is good to hear that the price on Amazon for a worthless item has not increased. Great news!!!

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a tool for opening gelato jars. I broke it. Figured I shouldn't be eating gelato anyway.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post

If that bottle cap is 12.5" in diameter then that hand must be about 44" across from knuckle to knuckle. Eek

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
If that bottle cap is 12.5" in diameter then that hand must be about 44" across from knuckle to knuckle. Eek

Inch, millimeter, whatever. Wink

The entire listing is written as though someone ran Chinese through Google Translate, and didn't bother having someone who is familiar with English review it.

Let me quote from the bullet points. I will forego the use of [sic].... Smile
quote:
Jar Opener grip can opener It is a big time gadget person, especially when it makes kitchen experience simple. This will be your favorite tools and will keep it accessible to anyone that enters your kitchen.

quote:
Manual with 5 function it can open a variety of bottles and cans with tabs, as well as loosening jar lids.

quote:
Stop hurting your hands with a total of 5 functions open pickle jars baby food sauce jars water bottles jams & jelly’s soda bottles and condiments.

If they can't bother getting the ad content right, it's unlikely the product itself is anything to write home about.

Posts: 15035 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I bought a 2 piece (small and large) strap wrench set about 10 years ago. The small stays in the kitchen, and handles everything from bottle caps to jars. The large I keep in the garage shop. Looks similar to this, but mine are not Craftsman.

Posts: 10790 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Those look like handy tools Henry. I see that Amazon has them (of course).

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8994 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
THIS is the gadget to get. I and several of my friends and family have and use one.

There must be sprag clutches inside it. Can it tighten (not that you'd really want to) as well as loosen?

I use a rubber strap wrench ("Hyper Tough" brand at Wal-Mart, $6) on my Ruger AR's delta ring.

Posts: 27982 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I bought a 2 piece (small and large) strap wrench set about 10 years ago. The small stays in the kitchen, and handles everything from bottle caps to jars. The large I keep in the garage shop. Looks similar to this, but mine are not Craftsman.

I have the same set, made by the store brand at Lowe's. Those things work as advertised.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

There must be sprag clutches inside it. Can it tighten (not that you'd really want to) as well as loosen?

Of course which is why it is shown to be able to handle a wide range of cap sizes.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16252 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ask my wife to open the tough jars.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Works 100% of the time.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post