SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yesterday the wife passed a gas can!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yesterday the wife passed a gas can! Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted
She was driving and wouldn't stop. Hard for me to believe, but I really don't have much use for it. I fill my gas can/cans well before empty. It was just the awful feeling of letting that $7 can sit along side the road (over by where P220 lives). Its not like I need another, there surely are a dozen or so up in the top of my garage. Back about 7 years ago I bought a then new jeep and received a gas debit card. Good for a few hundred $ cost (not worth) of gas. I proceeded to fill them and give them to my older son to fill his nearly empty motor home. Yes, the one with the 454 for propulsion. Thirsty 454, as they all were.

But its a compulsion to clean up the road sides. Who knows, some day we'll have a gas shortage again, and then my collection will be in great demand. Smile It'll eat at me until I find and retrieve another.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
$7 gas can...

Have you not priced one lately???

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Boy, I thought passing a kidney stone was hard...

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
If that ever happens again, call or text me. I'll pick it up. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I’ve stopped a few times for gas cans. Usually, they’ve flow out or been thrown out and have a hole that isn’t obvious until I pick it up. One of them I was able to salvage parts off of, and one was actually good, but most were junk.

Posts: 7096 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
If that ever happens again, call or text me. I'll pick it up. Smile

Sorry. It was over on 32 between Newtown and Lunken. Wasn't there an hour or so before when we passed on the way to Roy Rogers. I'm sure its gone now. It was in the stretch where they grow grass for sod. No excuse to run out there, the driver passed the Speedway by the levee or in the middle of Newtown. Both are low price places.

No idea how much gas cans cost these days, mine are all free!

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

The first thing that popped into my head as well Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Did Bendable hijack this guys account?

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
I’ve stopped a few times for gas cans. Usually, they’ve flow out or been thrown out and have a hole that isn’t obvious until I pick it up. One of them I was able to salvage parts off of, and one was actually good, but most were junk.

I'd guess that's the norm, along with broken roadside bungee cords.

Posts: 9029 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:

Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9467 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:

Smile

First thought was OP's wife let out the biggest fart of her life. Second though was that is a strange way to say your wife died. But low and behold, literally drove by a gas can on the side of the road.

Posts: 5466 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite stories about a good friend of mine....Just left the Dr Office after a vasectomy. Spies a gas can along side the Interstate. Has his wife stop so he can painfully limp out, holding his crotch in pain and retrieve it. LOL.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
This must be a guy thing. My husband stopped for a pair of those insulated leather gloves that linemen use. Some poor utility worker had lost his gloves in the middle of the road.

Posts: 2694 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
A guy up the road had to new looking yellow metal diesel cans out by his trash a week ago. I wanted to stop but had to use the bathroom REALLY badly.
I went back about ten minutes later and they were gone. Frown
Still kicking myslef for not holding it. lol

Posts: 21375 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
One time I was driving on 285 north and there was one of those snowmobile cans right in the road. Full. Six gallons of gas when I could really use it too. Still have that can. Gotta be 35 years ago.

Posts: 1966 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Did she pull the blankets over your head first?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it was decided , many years ago, that I can not have another pick up or van,
"when you build a 5000 sq ft garage , you can get a pick up /van "

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Hah, that was my first thought when I read the title Wink

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1332 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
This must be a guy thing. My husband stopped for a pair of those insulated leather gloves that linemen use. Some poor utility worker had lost his gloves in the middle of the road.

A complete pair? I'd have stopped, too...those are good gloves! I'd stop for an old style gas can with the regular nozzle...the new EPA approved kind aren't even worth a look.

Posts: 9245 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I can't say I've ever seen a gas can on the side of the road. What kind of people live where you are?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post