SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yesterday the wife passed a gas can!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yesterday the wife passed a gas can! Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The kind that run out of gas because they don't plan ahead. There was a time when I went to work every Saturday and Sunday. Went in the mornings to check the buildings. Seems like the drunks and party crowd runs out, has to walk for more gas, then leaves the brand new empty can for me along the interstate. I have little or no pride, and if I can safely get off the road, its mine.

The other days can was mid afternoon. Some fool didn't pay attention to his gas gauge or warning light. It looked brand new to me. For those who don't like the new style government mandated spouts, pick up the perfectly good can. The old spouts fit just fine. I even stop for old damaged cans if the spout looks good. It fulfills my need to collect shit.

Back in my younger days I used to pick up bungee cords too, on the outside chance one of the hooks was still good. I had a frame garage with wires strung between the studs. Bungee cords can be hung on the wires. If they fall off and hit you on the head, they don't hurt.

Both collects are now seriously depleted. I just used the bungee cords, and the gas cans went to one son. He still has them because I saw them in his garage. I don't want them back because I can replenish them from the same sources, people with more money than sense. Seems to me if I once had to buy a can, I'd keep it in the trunk for the next time. But then I don't run out of gas because I check the fuel level before leaving home. So does my wife, but she feels one can is enough, not a dozen. Foolish women.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I can't say I've ever seen a gas can on the side of the road. What kind of people live where you are?

I see them all the time, figure it's mostly off landscaper's trailers.

Some of my favorite and most used tools have come off the side of the road. lol

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not been so fortunate as to find one along the road side. However, I did find a good, solid metal 3 gallon old style gas can for cheap. My wife and I were traveling and she wanted to stop at fancy flea market in the Amish country. $3.50 for it.

I will buy every pre-EPA can that I find @ $3.00 - $5.00. Those new ones are awful. I am just going on other testimonials about them because I don’t own one.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:
Those new ones are awful. I am just going on other testimonials about them because I don’t own one.

They're a frustrating pain in the ass to deal with. Doubly so for a push mower and a little gas can. I make a bigger mess with the spring nozzle than I ever did growing up with a standard pour spout.

Posts: 17223 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Those new ones are awful. I am just going on other testimonials about them because I don’t own one.

They're a frustrating pain in the ass to deal with. Doubly so for a push mower and a little gas can. I make a bigger mess with the spring nozzle than I ever did growing up with a standard pour spout.

Exactly! I'm holding on to my old gas cans as long as I can!
I often cut my Dad's grass. He has one with the newer "non-spill" spout. It makes a huge mess. I hate it.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24184 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

THIS, the new style spouts are a royal pain in the ass. You can buy the old style gas can spouts on places like Amazon (they're listed as water jug spouts to get around the EPA mandate) but the spouts are around $10 each.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wat...out&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

I bought a couple of Sure-Can, 5 gallon gas cans with the flexible turning spout and trigger fuel control. They are A+ and you get no fumes from them in storage, but expensive at $50 a gas can at West marine. They also sell a 2.2 gallon, but it's $40.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy...19302819?recordNum=1

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please don’t show a picture of your garage I might break out in hives.
<—— Neat freak.

Posts: 3933 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post