SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jordan Peterson battles with Twitter de facto ban
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jordan Peterson battles with Twitter de facto ban Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
The alphabet mafia are some of the most thin skinned losers on this planet.

This is a good explanation from the man himself on why he will likely not have any presence on Twitter anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I would have figured anyone following Dr. Peterson would have left twitter long ago. I’m actually wondering why he’s not already deleted his account there.

Of course they’ve just given him a huge boost in popularity.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I would have figured anyone following Dr. Peterson would have left twitter long ago. I’m actually wondering why he’s not already deleted his account there.

Of course they’ve just given him a huge boost in popularity.

Because like it or not, it gives him the biggest voice.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Agree. I think he remains not to necessarily speak to people like us (the choir) but to the left.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I saw that today. He is a force, and fuck with him at your own risk. For his content I just might sign up for Daily Wire.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"What rules, you sons o' bitches, exactly?"

Big Grin

It's possible that we may yet see Professor Peterson with a slung rifle.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Big Grin

He talks of the necessity of violence in man.

He talks the talk…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Notice how slickly produced is that video. Notice, also, that when Peterson leans forward, there is a footlight in front of him which casts a sinister glow on his face. Add to that the way he's scowling.

The video has a dystopian feel to it, as if we're looking at Peterson, say, five years from now.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"He's on first. She's on second, They're on third!"

"Well, then They're out! Because you cannot have have two runners on the same bag!"

That's baseball, and baseball is American!

(I like Doctor Peterson and his intellect. He is brilliant.)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
If Elon is being truthful about being someone who wants humanity to remember him for contributing something for the common good of mankind he would buy Twitter and fucking delete it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It's not the platform, it's the lunatics in control of the content management.

Musk may well be able to clean it up, kill of the bullshit, and let it be platform with minimal "controls" (kill trolls, spammers, and other "noise") that is a very tightrope to walk, but necessary and can be done if one chooses to roll up the sleeves and deal with the weight of the matter.

And I believe Musk is the type personality to see it done, in spite of those who hate such realistic "lines, signs and "rules of the road", so to speak.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Professor Emeritus Peterson is the most influential psychologist since Jung.

I forgot where he said it, but his statement about old rudderless boys who listen and act on what he is saying becoming young purposeful men.

Now, if we can pry open more closed minds and pour in Professor Peterson’s message….

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Professor Emeritus Peterson is the most influential psychologist since Jung.

I forgot where he said it, but his statement about old rudderless boys who listen and act on what he is saying becoming young purposeful men.

Now, if we can pry open more closed minds and pour in Professor Peterson’s message….

My young sons’ first introduced me to him about a decade ago… When all this nonsense rev’ed up. Even went to go see him in downtown Seattle where the auditorium was packed w young men.

It’s a good fight.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
One miserable problem with applying logic and reason to woke-ist oppression is that these teapot tyrants are driven by emotion. Emotion and logic are like oil and water. He might as well have been speaking in whale song. Leftists’ eyes glaze over and they shrink in repulsion at the introduction of reason and truth into the conflict. There can’t be truth. There must be your truth and my truth, not the truth.

Jordan is smart enough to know this though. When he speaks it is not to cast pearls before the swine of the Left. It is to teach those with ears to hear and eyes to see truth and reason.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
...but it's a relief in some real sense to be banned and I regard it under the present conditions as a badge of honor.

Well said Mr. Peterson.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
teapot tyrants

Diggit.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twitter brings out the worst in people. It is no different than a gang of kids in the schoolyard ganging up on one kid, or a bunch of middle school girls shunning one girl. People respond too quickly and too emotionally to fit in with the herd. It IS the platform because it encourages people to react before thinking and engage in mob behavior.

There was a story about a woman who was flying to Africa on business and made some joke on Twitter about hoping she doesn't get AIDS. Then she turned off her phone for the flight. Upon landing she turned her phone back on and found she had already been convicted of being racist by the twitter mob and fired from her job.

Twitter is now dominated by media people, most of whom have leftist views. Media people should know better about how to write and fact check and be objective but they have all turned into busy bodies who engage in little more than gossip.

Jordan Peterson said something very interesting about violence.

Male violence is physical and interactions between men have an implicit threat of violence if someone gets out of line. It's primitive and subconscious, but it's there, and it keeps things civil. Male violence is direct and not very scalable with social media.

Female violence is usually reputation destruction and it is VERY scalable with social media. Now instead of a girl just being shunned by the popular girls at school, she is defamed on social media to the point of suicide. Or a false claim against a male spreads like fire and he is convicted in the court of public opinion before he has any idea what is happening.

People say dumb things sometimes. Or they make a joke that does not go over well. Or they post something when they are drinking that they might not normally say when sober. In the past, only those within earshot could take offense. Now if you say something "wrong" millions of people could see it.

I'm not playing this game because I am not a public figure and I have nothing to gain from it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
^^ you make a damn good point lefty Sig. At the end of one of Chappelle’s latest comedies he addresses this and how one of his fellow comedians, a friend of his was bullied to the point of suicide by Twitter’s mob for defending and being friends with Chappelle while also being part of the “trans community” and daring to disagree with the mob.

Twitter brings out the absolute worst in humanity by its own design. Controversy brings engagement and that is all that shit platform cares about.

This world needs a hell of a lot more people like Dave Chappelle who are willing to fight all in for comedy, free speech, and the fact that no one or any group is off limits when it comes to comedy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Big Grin

In case you missed it ... Smile

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 646 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post