SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MLB.com has a 1/2 price sale through 5/21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MLB.com has a 1/2 price sale through 5/21 Login/Join 
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted
Worth it to me $69.99 for all games, except the damned home team blackouts, for the rest of the season.

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/subscribe

Posts: 4715 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Home team blackouts ruin it here. The channel that carried local games is gone too.

Posts: 17913 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Home team blackouts ruin it here. The channel that carried local games is gone too.

+1 Mad

Posts: 7398 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
The blackout rule makes absolutely no sense to me.

Rather than increase game attendance, I think it has the contrary effect. If I can't watch my home team on tv, how am I going to get more interested in going to games at the ballpark?

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6450 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I hate it too. Reds are my home team and tonight they are playing in LA but it's blacked out, no more local FOX sports coverage either. Yes, the live audio feed is available for blackout games and you can choose either teams feed but the audio commercials are super annoying and long.

Good news is when you have video feed going they often don't have commercials between innings, just a screen of zen. Watching Phillies and Mets now and it's worth the price not to deal with loud and obnoxious commercials.

Posts: 4715 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dislike the blackout nonsense as well. I live in a state with NO MLB team, instead the 5 closest teams in nearby states get 'blacked out' here. That's going to make me want to be a fan, right...

Posts: 317 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McAfee forced a VPN on us with the latest subscription. This would allow us to stream from the computer and avoid the local area blackouts. Problem for me is that the Cardinals continue to play so bad that I'm not going to subject myself to the misery. Even at the reduced rate.

Posts: 1982 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post