SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    who makes toyota’s motor oil ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

who makes toyota’s motor oil ? Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Like mentioned as long as you use a recommended oil and change it as specified that’s about all you can do.

Toyota has actually had a ton of oil sludge issues but it seems mostly caused by engine design and not so much oil problems.

Actually it was mostly improper maintenance. Same with some of Chrysler’s sludge problems.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
I just had an oil change done on my 2020 T4R today at the dealership

Looks like Pennzoil has the bulk contract now for synthetic 0W20 according to my invoice

The dealers bulk tanks can be filled with anything the local Toyota dealer ask for. That is available from the local oil distributor they buy from.
And that, like almost every aspect of a car, is driven off of cost. He who offers the best deal gets the business.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Like mentioned as long as you use a recommended oil and change it as specified that’s about all you can do.

Toyota has actually had a ton of oil sludge issues but it seems mostly caused by engine design and not so much oil problems.

Actually it was mostly improper maintenance. Same with some of Chrysler’s sludge problems.
Yes and Ford of yesteryear, now Mercedes Benz diesel if not maintained. Never have I seen a engine so plugged. I listened to the German car mechanics 4 or 5 reasons of cause. Half of which were not correct. Bad maintainance.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Actually it was proven in court that was not the case. Toyota had to pay out one of the biggest class action lawsuits of all time because of it. Something like a Billion dollars.

I know Toyota walks on water here but facts are facts.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually it was proven in court that was not the case. Toyota had to pay out one of the biggest class action lawsuits of all time because of it. Something like a Billion dollars.

It wasn’t proven in court. Toyota settled out of court. Big difference.

https://www.consumerreports.or...ine-sludge/index.htm

———————————————

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It wasn’t proven in court. Toyota settled out of court. Big difference.

https://www.consumerreports.or...ine-sludge/index.htm

There was no settlement because Toyota realized they were going to lose so they came up with an acceptable payout to avoid further legal costs.

It doesn’t matter either way because my point is that they had a serious issue and wouldn’t do a recall to avoid bad press so the owners had to do a class action lawsuit.

Toyota used to never recall their cars which helped bolster their image but because of thi class action lawsuit many auto insiders believed this issue was the catalyst that got Toyota to start doing more recalls. So much so that for a time (not sure anymore) they had the most recalls in the industry.

https://www.usnews.com/news/bl...makers-in-us-recalls

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^ So you got caught in a falsehood and moved the goalposts. Gotcha. Kirk out.

———————————————