SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texas fisherman reels in semi-automatic rifle on lake
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas fisherman reels in semi-automatic rifle on lake Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
This is why I orchestrate all my boating accidents to occur in the middle of Lake Tahoe. My weapons are less likely to be angled.

P229

Posts: 3838 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Why didn't he just keep it? Abandoned property.

I’d want to know if it had been reported stolen first. Being in possession of a firearm that’s been reported stolen is on my top ten list of least favorite things to do, coming in just behind trying to disarm an officer while I’m drunk and in handcuffs.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5415 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
The Associated Press, which posted the original news story, displayed its incompetence with this brilliant grasp of geography:

“Police say the man had been fishing with relatives at Lake Arlington, about 13 miles west of Fort Worth, when he caught a Galil ACE rifle on his hook.”

Arlington is EAST of Fort Worth.

Posts: 4503 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
quote:

I’d want to know if it had been reported stolen first. Being in possession of a firearm that’s been reported stolen is on my top ten list of least favorite things to do, coming in just behind trying to disarm an officer while I’m drunk and in handcuffs.

Tony.

This x10. And if it's lying on the bottom of a lake, it's likely there for a reason. We had a guy who was metal detecting turn in two handguns that he found in the basin of a local lake when the water level was down. One had already been reported stolen, the other one I'd imagine was either used in a crime or stolen and never reported. I guess it's possible that some boater dropped it, but that can't be a very common occurrence. I'd hate to keep a gun I found somewhere, then years later have to use it and learn that it's a ballistic match to a murder committed by a previous owner.

Posts: 8613 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can you do that? I thought it was some form of larceny to keep property you find without trying to find the owner.

Posts: 27976 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post