SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Worst Movie of ALL TIME!!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worst Movie of ALL TIME!!!! Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Eyes Wide Shut

Eyes Wide Shut isn't bad, I don't think, it's just weird. Also didn't Stanley Kubrick die before he could finish it? So if it's a bad movie, I think we can chalk that one up to that.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17010 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Eyes Wide Shut

Eyes Wide Shut isn't bad, I don't think, it's just weird. Also didn't Stanley Kubrick die before he could finish it? So if it's a bad movie, I think we can chalk that one up to that.

Ha! That’s actually one of my favorite movies! There’s just so much detail to Kubrick’s scenes.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
The worst movie of all time is Tropic Thunder. Turned it off after 20 minutes.

See? Like this. Tropic Thunder is fantastic. It's hilarious, it's well acted, well written, it's all around great fun. Yeah, it's not the greatest piece of cinema created, it's not going to make you think, but that's not what it sets out to do.

Anyway, if Tropic Thunder is the worst movie you've ever seen, then either you have shit taste in movies, or you've seen like 9 films in your life, and this one just happens to be the worst.

Ooookaaaay. Thanks for the tip.

Posts: 2338 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
The worst movie of all time is Tropic Thunder. Turned it off after 20 minutes.

See? Like this. Tropic Thunder is fantastic. It's hilarious, it's well acted, well written, it's all around great fun. Yeah, it's not the greatest piece of cinema created, it's not going to make you think, but that's not what it sets out to do.

Anyway, if Tropic Thunder is the worst movie you've ever seen, then either you have shit taste in movies, or you've seen like 9 films in your life, and this one just happens to be the worst.

Ooookaaaay. Thanks for the tip.

Well, ya know, it is a discussion forum, where we discuss things. I just want to know why people think the way they do, especially in regards to something like Tropic Thunder being allegedly the worst movie you've ever seen. Explain your answer, defend it, lets discuss it!

This is a problem, everyone, nobody wants to discuss things anymore. Lets discuss things! Have a conversation! It's fun!

quote:

Posts: 17010 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lets discuss things! Have a conversation! It's fun!

I'm certainly not a movie connoisseur by any means. But I don't think I have shit taste in movies either. That comment doesn't exactly foster fun discussion, does it?

While I understand that people, especially those in the military or police, can find humor in war and agony and death and they use comedy to cope with it, when I watched the movie it made me feel uncomfortable as though what I was seeing was making light of those things. I'm not sure why I had such a strong reaction to it. It just didn't seem right. I admit that my reaction was probably more emotionally-driven by the subject matter and how it was portrayed than the actual technical merits of the movie itself. I may not have watched enough of the movie to appreciate that aspect. I just didn't find it enjoyable to watch at all. I'll also say that I'm not some overly-serious individual who doesn't find dark humor funny. I find lots of shit funny. I just didn't care for this movie's portrayal of it. Maybe one day I'll try watching it again based on others' feedback here. Maybe my tastes have changed. But when the question of "worse movie of all time" was raised, this is the one that popped in my mind first.

Hope that helps.

Posts: 2338 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
There we go, fantastic, explanation, reasoning. Perfect. Lets keep doing that, everyone.

quote:

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
@Aeteocles' last post made me laugh.

quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Totally agree, (Tropic Thunder) was Tom Cruise's opus...

Agreed. Nearly RDJ's, too, and I don't say that lightly.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plan Nine From Outer Space made in the 50’s by guy Ed Wood, about aliens raising the dead to take over the World. So cheesy in one scene people are on a plane golng somewhere and the only thing separating the flight deck from the cabin was a shower curtain.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Ishtar
City Heat
Zabriskie Point
Plan 9 From Outer Space (Bela Lugosi thought the best career move would be to die during filming, rather than complete the film and weather the critical fallout)

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Posiden Adventure. It came out in the 70s. Had some famous actors. Terrible script. Every cliche possible.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
The Posiden Adventure. It came out in the 70s. Had some famous actors. Terrible script. Every cliche possible.

Yes, but have you seen Battlefield Earth?

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Some of the films listed here are actually decent/good movies, IMO. Pulp Fiction, Tropic Thunder, Eraserhead, The Conversation. Hell even The Poseidon Adventure- not the worst movie in the world.

quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Okay. This is ridiculous.

Before you answer, I want to know if you've seen John Travolta's Battlefield Earth.

I watched this maybe 15 years ago on one of those Netflix mail-in DVDs and I did not finish it, got thru maybe 45 min.

But my vote goes to The Room, an astonishingly horrible movie, so bad that it is fascinating and hilarious to watch. EVERYTHING falls apart in the film-casting, acting, script, cinematography, direction, etc.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16731 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe that nobody has mentioned ‘Smokey and the Bandit 3’ apparently also known as’Smokey Is the Bandit’. If you thought ‘Cannonball Run 2’ was a bad idea (and it was), it was Wuthering Heights in comparison. Appallingly bad, painful to watch, the most unfunny “comedy” I have ever had the misfortune to see. Fortunately it was on television, I didn’t waste any money at a theater. The only thing that I can figure is that it was meant to be a loss leader or it was some sort of contractual agreement thing. Or somebody was serious drunk.

Posts: 12186 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The worst movie I went to see in theater was when "The Incubus" was playing at midnight madness horror show at a local theater. It was so bad that about 20 mins into it, my companion and I ran out hoping that anyone who might know us had not seen us in that movie theater.

Posts: 1519 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
No list is complete without mentioning "After Earth".

A charming post-apocalyptic action film directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

From Wikipedia...
quote:
This film and Shyamalan's previous film The Last Airbender are most commonly considered to be the lowest point of his directorial career, which had been in progressive decline after he had directed a series of critically panned films.

Posts: 4131 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
"My Dinner With Andre" - hands down.

Saw that in a theater with a buddy, and one hour fifty minutes turned into an eternity. Since I was with a friend I couldn't bail.

It was the cinematic equivalent of watching grass grow, in slow motion. Well, if the grass were dead.

There are movies with worse plot, surely, but those movies actually have plots. There are movies with bad acting...but, again, those movies actually have acting.

Posts: 15040 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Natural Born Killers

Almost walked out 1/2 through, was pissed at the end that I didn't. Was with friends and we all felt the same way.

Was expecting some Pulp Fiction magic, but it just sucked and kept getting worse.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
The Tree of Life.

Suuuuuuucked.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
The worst movie I've ever sat through, hands down, is Will Ferrell's Sherlock Holmes.

To put that in perspective, I thought Step Brothers was a hilarious movie. Talladega Nights, loved it.

I've never seriously considered asking for my money back at the theater, until that movie.

Posts: 3018 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
There's no contest. It HAS to be 'Warlords of Atlantis'.

In the final battle scene, with the sea monsters surrounding them on every side, one of the people in the movie, I won't call them actors, screams out 'How are we going to defeat them?' One wag in the minute audience shouted out 'Shoot their wheels off!!'

Posts: 11344 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post