SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UPDATE: Solved! -- How To Remove A Deadbolt?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE: Solved! -- How To Remove A Deadbolt? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Here it is with the key turned 45° and the covers retracted, allowing access to the screws:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Glad you got that figured out, because my next suggestion was going to be a shaped charge.
Home-brewed, made from left-over July 4th material.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Home-brewed, made from left-over July 4th material.

Heck yeah. Gather together some sparklers, a few Whistling Dixies, a Hoosker Doo or two (along with at least one Hoosker Don't) and add in however many Black Cats you have left, then duct tape that sumbitch all together, adding a can of Bud Light on the outside as tamping, and strap it to the door centered over the lock in question.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That's pretty farkin cool V

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Update is in the original post, at the beginning of the thread; I discovered that turning the key 45° causes the covers to retract and the screws are then accessible.

Ahh you used the same line break as people use for their signature lines and I've trained myself to ignore them Big Grin

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gather together some sparklers, a few Whistling Dixies, a Hoosker Doo or two (along with at least one Hoosker Don't) and add in however many Black Cats you have left, then duct tape that sumbitch all together, adding a can of Bud Light on the outside as tamping, and strap it to the door centered over the lock in question.

Hahaha, I love the reference.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:

Ahh you used the same line break as people use for their signature lines and I've trained myself to ignore them Big Grin
The [ hr ] thingy has many uses. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad you got that figured out, because my next suggestion was going to be a shaped charge.
I was thinking of No Country for Old Men

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23260 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post