SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Active Self Protection: Park Fight
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Active Self Protection: Park Fight Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Drugs are bad M'Kay?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37986 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
To clarify --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8354 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
He’s not turtley enough for their turtle club.

This made me laugh out loud-good one!

Turtle, turtle!!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
What a bunch of dumbasses. It would be a true nightmare to have to live near any of them and have to deal with these rat bastards every day.

I don't know why they just kept leaving camo guy to collect himself after every incident. He is clearly one of those 'lowest common denominator's' and will be consistent and can be counted upon to take the most obvious advantage in front of him. Every time.

Seems to me that a bit of training in "stick fighting" would be a good idea, and then carry that "walking stick" wherever you go. One of the things I learned in the army hand to hand combat classes was that a good shot to one of the opponent's knee usually ended the issue.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
So you guys keep analyzing this as if they live in your world. They don’t. I am a conflict public defender for Thurston County, where Olympia is sited, and there is a parallel world that these people live in. It’s a very difficult world but has rules. The people who live in this world live there for a variety of reasons: they are runaways from shit (or worse) homes, they have drug problems, they have mental health problems, they have personality disorders that do not allow them to live in “normal” society or they have not been taught to live in normal society. So they live in this world. I’m not making excuses, I’m just trying to make this clear They are not like you. Don’t try and learn their rules, just stay away.

Using this video to suss out any “self defense truths” other than “stay away from these folks” and or “if they approach, treat like a feral animal,it may go okay or in an instant it can go to shit” is a waste. The only way you’ll be in that situation is if you blindly were walking through, and if that happened, your error was made long before you got there.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
After para started posting videos from Active Self Protection, I joined ASP and have watched a number of their videos.

One thing they pound and pound is that if you are involved in a self defense shooting, do not talk to the police.

"I invoke my right to silence" "I wish to speak to my attorney"

THIS! It is going to be hard because for most people they will want to explain, but most of you have no idea AT ALL how bad talking to the police can go. Call the police, yes. Stay until the police arrive, yes. Talk to them, no.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
So you guys keep analyzing this as if they live in your world. They don’t. I am a conflict public defender for Thurston County, where Olympia is sited, and there is a parallel world that these people live in. It’s a very difficult world but has rules. The people who live in this world live there for a variety of reasons: they are runaways from shit (or worse) homes, they have drug problems, they have mental health problems, they have personality disorders that do not allow them to live in “normal” society or they have not been taught to live in normal society. So they live in this world. I’m not making excuses, I’m just trying to make this clear They are not like you. Don’t try and learn their rules, just stay away.

Using this video to suss out any “self defense truths” other than “stay away from these folks” and or “if they approach, treat like a feral animal,it may go okay or in an instant it can go to shit” is a waste. The only way you’ll be in that situation is if you blindly were walking through, and if that happened, your error was made long before you got there.

truth. i had a car stolen years ago in a major metropolitan area and the investigating detective -- back when they actually investigated crimes -- said the same thing

they do not process life, reality, cause / effect, cost / benefit, the way we 'normal people' do.

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I know the commentator was discussing "proportional response" as it relates to the laws on the books, but has anyone here ever been in a fight and thought "Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't throw this overhand right, or kick this dude in the ribs given that might not be considered "proportional"." The guy in the camo jacket and cowboy hat appears to have a death wish. But yeah, what a total shit show overall.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
After para started posting videos from Active Self Protection, I joined ASP and have watched a number of their videos.

One thing they pound and pound is that if you are involved in a self defense shooting, do not talk to the police.

"I invoke my right to silence" "I wish to speak to my attorney"

THIS! It is going to be hard because for most people they will want to explain, but most of you have no idea AT ALL how bad talking to the police can go. Call the police, yes. Stay until the police arrive, yes. Talk to them, no.

And NEVER EVER talk to the Media. They will take your version of the event and spin it to fit their agenda, then sell it to a major market.

This has happened following the Giffords shooting in Tucson.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ex boyfriend - my guess

Posts: 1406 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
Ex boyfriend - my guess

There you go trying to apply logic. It could have just as likely been about what color the sky is. Lowsmith is right on this one: these people exist on another plane that people like you and I can’t even imagine.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
My LEO neighbor calls this turd on turd violence

The proper designation is NRV: No Real Victims.

First thing: Don't go where THEY are. If you can't do that, treat them as if they are rabid animals. Don't relay on common pre-attack indicators or body language, they are wired differently from normal society; mental health issues, drug issues, mental health and drug issues.

The reality is they want this lifestyle. We were involved in a program for getting homeless people (and folks) housing.....the success rate was less than 3% staying off the street at the 60 day mark and less than 1% at the 90 day mark. On a good corner, they can make make $150-$200 in less than two hours. Almost all that goes to the dope man and they have enough left over for a sandwich from QT or McDonald's. Eat and get high, repeat for the next day and the next day and the next day until they finally overdose or do something "serious" enough to get prison time (if they are not diverted into the mental health system.....again).

Posts: 3939 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post