SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Appliance Question: Dishwasher recommendation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appliance Question: Dishwasher recommendation Login/Join 
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
First off, avoid box store "price point" machines. Buy from an appliance store.

For dishwashers, IMO, Bosch, Thermador, Miele.

Front load washers can be excellent - if you know how to use them. There's things to know.

Stacking is OK for space savings, but come service time, extra cost. When you have to take the dryer off the washer to service the washer, extra labor.

Best of luck in your search.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
For dishwashers, Whirlpool WDT750SAKZ Maytag MDB4949SKZ or KitchenAid KUDS30IXSS. All built in Ohio
<<snip>>

Hello AB. At the risk of derailing this thread, I have questions about my Whirlpool W10632077A dishwasher. Just under 7 years old and will no longer clean dishes. We use only Cascade Platinum detergent, per mfgs recommendation. We clean the dirt trap frequently, and run Cascade brand dishwasher cleaner through it often to remove deposits.

Despite the above care, it no longer cleans dishes unless they're practically clean to begin with! I am looking for things to check that I haven't tried yet, and will be happy to start a new thread on this specific problem if needed. Thanks!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4577 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
I pretty much swear by our Fischer and paykel dish drawer. Comes in handy if you just want to wash a small load, otherwise holds more than a traditional dishwasher.
The ease of repair is also pretty sweet. After 12 years, this one developed a leak, which was beyond my ability to repair, but the guy was out pretty quick to fix.

Posts: 782 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

Hello AB. At the risk of derailing this thread, I have questions about my Whirlpool W10632077A dishwasher.

Sent you an email

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

Hello AB. At the risk of derailing this thread, I have questions about my Whirlpool W10632077A dishwasher.

Sent you an email

Got it. Reply inbound!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4577 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bosch on the dishwasher.

Front load on the washer/dryer if you're stacking it. Trying to get clothes out of a top loader that's stacked through the tiny door is a pain in the rear. Speed Queen is top quality, but I prefer Whirlpool front loaders due to their much larger size.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
This is as sound a source for which I have the ultimate in respect for Wink
quote:
For dishwashers, Whirlpool WDT750SAKZ Maytag MDB4949SKZ or KitchenAid KUDS30IXSS. All built in Ohio

Stacked laundry is all front load. Laundry centers (all in one units) are top load. Buy the separate units which will be front laod. Buy the Speed Queen and you will "buy once, cry once" . Whirlpool and Maytag front load washers are good. Speed Queen is as good as it gets

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post