SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Men's Dress Shirts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Men's Dress Shirts Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
I finally decided to throw out some of my older stuff and buy some new dress shirts. In the past for basic solid colors I'd have purchased Costco shirts, but they've changed suppliers and I don't care for what they offer anymore. JOS A Bank Traveler shirts are pretty decent and on sale for Labor Day, but I ran across this vendor while searching online that looks like they do some really nice stuff and they're on sale for $33/shirt right now.

Charles Tyrwhitt - Jerman Street London

Anyone know anything about this company and can comment on their products?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Good shirts. Completely customizable for size, arm length, etc.. Good if you're not quite a standard size. 3 options in fit. Over time they will shrink a bit, so the collars can tighten up a bit from many repeated washes. Overall happy with them.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5646 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
It's a lesser known brand in the US, but IMHO Charles Tyrwhitt is up there w/ Brooks Brothers and Nordstrom. I have some made-in-England Tyrwhitt dress shoes, and they are approaching if not at the same quality level as Allen Edmonds.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I have 3 of their shirts and I absolutely love them. Bought them on their 3 for $99 deal a few months ago.

The price-quality, IMO, combine to give these shirts great value.

I was referred to them by an old high school friend who swears by them, he claims to have 30 of them. He works in the finance world so he is business professional every day.

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I have 15-20 from proper cloth. Custom shirts are the way to go.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not own any of these shirts, but this sounds like a great deal. Based on the positive comments here, I just placed an order for four of these shirts. OP - thanks for this tip!

Posts: 944 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several of his shirts. Bought them in London about 8 years ago. They hold up well, but don't look quite as nice as John Nordstrom no-wrinkle shirts on me.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see a Nordstrom near you ,
but they have on line ordering as well.

Your best bet

https://shop.nordstrom.com/c/m...xi=60130973_60204296

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I have 2 of thier egyptian cotton i got on sale for 33. Great shirts, 2 years of use now still going strong.

Also have a non iron which is truly.non iron unlike some brands.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
For you guys already with CT shirts, how do you clean yours?

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post