SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Golf club repair
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Golf club repair Login/Join 
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted
Anyone here know of someone that still does whipping on a perssimon wood?

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Unless the club has some historic significance like a famous previous owner, the juice may not be worth the squeeze to have it done. You can do it yourself.

Search engine turned up this page:
Dave Wood

Click on the "Wood Brothers restoration guide" and it brings up a pdf that shows how to do it. page 13(?)

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've rebuilt and repaired clubs for many years, not that hard albeit I haven't had to do it for over 25 years. I might even have some of it if you need it, doubtful I'll ever need it again.

Posts: 22928 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Your best option might be contact a Hickory Golf member who repairs clubs.

http://hickorygolf.com

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.
This should be enough info to het me going.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Steve's Golf Shop can do that. Depending on your location, he may be the closest.

https://www.golflink.com/golf-...shop.aspx?store=1687

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post