SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    IPhone 12 incoming call issue, no sound
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IPhone 12 incoming call issue, no sound Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Wife got a new iPhone 12.
Learning to use it as we dropped out of the iPhone wagon at 5s and moved to Android.

Found our second bug, when the phone rings (incoming call) we can't hear nor be heard.
Has someone found a permanent solution for this?
Earlier, our first hiccup was eith the volume dropping to 0 and fixed it by going to the Face ID setup and turning off the get attention switch.

Help, oh mighty experts.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12134 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a guess. Go to settings and scroll to do not disturb make sure it is off.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frog in boiling water
posted Hide Post
Maybe it’s hooked to a blue tooth device.
Try turning off blue tooth.

Posts: 429 | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Check your settings in Phone to see if it is set for silence unknown callers. If it's set to that it will only ring if the number is in your contacts. If it's set to that just turn it off. I had to set mine when I first got my new phone.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the 12 still have the tiny little silent button the side? Sometimes get turned off as if by magic. I don’t have a 12 so I don’t know

Posts: 776 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
Does the 12 still have the tiny little silent button the side? Sometimes get turned off as if by magic. I don’t have a 12 so I don’t know

Yes, it's still got it.

OP, have you tried rebooting your phone?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
BT was on when I asked. We'll see if it was part of the issue. Airpods nearby but with closed lid.

All incoming calls had no sound coming or going other than the ringtone. Volume was high enough. When she placed the call all was fine.
Callers where all in the contact list, no unknown/ unlisted numbers.

Google showed this to be an ongoing issue for many iphones. Some got around this temporarily restarting their phones. Somectook their phones to the Genies and no hardware issues were found.
Suggestions point in different directions. Since we are notccurrently familiar with this IOs I thought wise to ask Sigforum.

No Apple this far south.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12134 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post