SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apparently, being struck by lightning kills your sense of humor dead
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently, being struck by lightning kills your sense of humor dead Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Lightning strike survivors organization blasts former NFL QB Drew Brees, calls commercial 'disgusting'
quote:
A commercial featuring former NFL quarterback Drew Brees has prompted outrage among a lightning strike victims group. 

The advertisement showed Brees seemingly being struck by lightning as part of a promotion with gambling company PointsBet.

Lightning Strike and Electric Shock Survivors International, an organization that seeks to help those impacted by lightning strikes, called the stunt "disgusting" and "inappropriate,"

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
People in America aren’t just waiting, but pining to be offended.

Seriously?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4030 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lightning Strike and Electric Shock Survivors International

I had no idea such a thing existed. I'm sure getting electrocuted is a traumatic event, but a support group? Confused

Posts: 27987 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m shocked someone is offended by that.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Shocked I tell 'ya... Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8947 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
My sister's husband was hit by lightning. Put a hole in his chest, turned his hair white, and melted his sneakers to his feet. Nasty stuff.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
We've had the Stone age, the Bronze age, the Medieval, period, the Renaissance, the Victorian age, the Industrial age, the Space age, the Information age and now we have....

the Offended Whiny Bitch Age

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37996 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everybodys an offended, triggered victim these days. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
here is the second part of the Drew Brees commercial:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1598711273482375168

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Obligatory:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Shoot, I find it amazing that someone could even survive a lighting strike.

Two years ago, a storm blew thru our area at night. A bolt of lighting struck a mature oak tree that was about two hundred feet from the house. The crack was so loud the wife and I both sat straight up in bed, saying... WTF?

The next morning I walked over to the tree to take a look. This was a big oak, about 2.5 feet diameter at the base. The top one third of that tree was completely gone, lying down a ravine a ways away. The rest of the tree had what looked like a 12 inch slice taken out all the way down to the base. Like if you ran it through a sawmill. Damdest thing I ever saw.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5049 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a acquaintance killed by a lightning strike.

A local trooper's car was struck by lightning - blew out all the tires, basically fried the car, the antenna that was struck melted to a fraction of its original size.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
My sister's husband was hit by lightning. Put a hole in his chest, turned his hair white, and melted his sneakers to his feet. Nasty stuff.

Has he seen the commercial?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Nope. He's dead.

quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

Has he seen the commercial?

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Well this should have riled them up, 30+ years ago

Posts: 5346 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the guys I worked with in the food factory was previously in the farm equipment service industry here in Iowa. He serviced and repaired electronics on the high tech combines, planters and GPS units in the field during planting and harvest seasons. He was struck by lightning twice while doing his job. Both events were witnessed by others and he was hospitalized each time for burns. None of the rest of our maintenance crew was particularly comfortable working with him when he had to do electrical repairs. Imagine that! I always helped him as I figured a third time was almost impossible.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2892 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Everybodys an offended, triggered victim these days.

These days being offended and taking one’s case public is the only opportunity many people have to get their few seconds of fame, or at least attention. Society has made it possible, and therefore they will take advantage of it.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47413 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

I had no idea such a thing existed. I'm sure getting electrocuted is a traumatic event, but a support group? Confused

It's traumatic alright because technically it means death from electric shock.

I guess there's a support group for everything nowadays. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30424 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Everybodys an offended, triggered victim these days.

These days being offended and taking one’s case public is the only opportunity many people have to get their few seconds of fame, or at least attention. Society has made it possible, and therefore they will take advantage of it.

Yep and the more bizarre, the better.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2094 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Heck, I have never been struck by lightning, but I (and I bet, the MAJORITY of Americans) am a "victim/survivor" of electric shock.

Technically, anybody zapped by static electricity has 'survived' electric shock.

This is just a bunch of whiney people looking for publicity, IMO.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21853 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post