SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guess which coast I’m on…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guess which coast I’m on… Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted

Posts: 10977 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lake Huron.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Barbary Coast?

Posts: 3388 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Normandy for FIFTY trapper.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The West Coast...of Southwest Florida.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16376 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My oldest son and my daughter as a hint:

Posts: 10977 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Lake Erie (Cedar Point)?

Posts: 8606 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Lake Erie?

Posts: 7366 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Jersey Shore?

Posts: 3388 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Winners! America’s Roller Coast, aka Cedar Point!

Last time we were here, my daughter had just finished the fifth grade, now she finished her freshman year of high school. We would have been back sooner, but…not putting politics in an apolitical thread.

The kids are fired up and mapping out our plan of attack. The first time I was here in 2004, my wife and I were just dating and had no kids. I might be gettin a little old for this, so I came prepared:

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Good call on the Advil, lol. It's been years since I was there...probably over 20. Looks like the kids are psyched up for a good time!

Posts: 8606 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
America’s Roller Coast, aka Cedar Point!

Nice. I grew up in Northwest Pennsylvania and Cedar Point was an occasional treat. I recall there being a commercial that ran n TV with kids saying (in a cheesy overly excited way) "FUN? WOW!

As surly teens growing up in an area where there wasn't much entertainment my cousins and i took to lampooning the commercial. Anytime we had to go somewhere we didn't want to go to we would say; "Fun? WOW!" as sarcastically as we could get away with.

Anyway, some of the BEST times in my youth were there, and even our annual trips to Waldameer Park and Conneaut Lake Park were certainly better than nothing.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Conneaut Lake Park,, that’s a name I’ll never forget for 3 reasons. The first was the Wild Mouse ride, my son was about 6 and rode on it. He got off and said ‘That rides not safe’. Second was the rickety old wooden rollercoaster. The Blue Streak. The third was the ride when you sat in an almost clam like open booth. It went in circles, sometimes violently, when the floor rose and fell. I rode it once and was sick all day. It messed up my equilibrium and I suffered with Meneires for many years. Even thinking of going in cicrcles makes me nauseous.
I hadn’t thought of CLK in a long time. It kinda ruined me on Amusement Parks.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Not the same roller coasters from your childhoods, but Wild Mouse is the new ride this year at Cedar Point. It’s first on the list and what we’ll use the early hour on. Blue Streak is the oldest roller coaster at Cedar Point. It’s wood and was built in 1964.

Marriott’s Great America was the park I went to as a kid. They had a corkscrew coaster called Turn of the Century that was redone to add two vertices loops, a light tunnel, and renamed The Demon. The also had The Tidal Wave which was just one loop. It shot you through the loop, up a hill, then backwards through the loop, up a hill and back to the station. My friends and I road it 20 times in a row without getting off the ride because no one was in line and the operators let us stay on. We did it a total of 27 times that day.

These days, I ride each once. They kids will go as many times as they want. I just popped some Advil and will try to keep an even supply of it through out the day. I hope it works and prevents the theme park hangover.

posted Hide Post
I grew up about an hour from Cedar Point. Our yearly trip to CP was the highlight of my summer. We were going there before the Blue Streak was built. The stamping plant where I worked in the late '70s made parts for the Gemini.

Posts: 772 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post