SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fox has had a few stories on their main page that are just silly recently. Almost tabloid like nonsense.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fox has had a few stories on their main page that are just silly recently. Almost tabloid like nonsense. Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Like this one about the faceless monster Roll Eyes
Come on now.
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/20...-wilderness.amp.html

It was on the main page for a little while before being burried to the tech page.

There have been a couple others in the last month that were just flat ridiculous. Felt like I was standing in line at the grocery looking at the National Enquirer and the news of some actress having a 79 pound baby with aliens or something.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fox News seems to be going down that path now. Click bait stories as you'd expect from grocery store tabloids mixed in with the usual stories. Their normal stories seem to have less info now as well.

I've been reading oann.com as a complement for fox news.

Posts: 2367 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I have gotten that sense too on more than one occasion.

There was one headline about a ten year old swimmer beating Michael Phelps record in the 100M fly. Completely ridiculous, and misleading headline at the least.

Drudge is starting to resemble National Enquirer, too.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
That's the same idiot that faced off w/ the buffalo. Wink

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Have not watched to any degree in five years or more. One of the best things I have ever done

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

There was one headline about a ten year old swimmer beating Michael Phelps record in the 100M fly. Completely ridiculous, and misleading headline at the lea

Saw the story about the 10y.o. swimmer on several other sources, and the way it was stated there was that the 10y.o. beat Michael Phelps record when he was a 10y.o., which seems to me to be possible. So sensationalist headlines, maybe next time fox will have the boy will be seen with the creature from the black lagoon, in a race with fins?

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

There was one headline about a ten year old swimmer beating Michael Phelps record in the 100M fly. Completely ridiculous, and misleading headline at the lea

Saw the story about the 10y.o. swimmer on several other sources, and the way it was stated there was that the 10y.o. beat Michael Phelps record when he was a 10y.o., which seems to me to be possible. So sensationalist headlines, maybe next time fox will have the boy will be seen with the creature from the black lagoon, in a race with fins?

After some investigation, it was a meet record set by Phelps at that meet as a 10yo in the 100M fly. The headline was more spectacular.

Phelps’ world record in the 100M fly is something like 50 seconds, not 1:09:xx whatever this was.

Fake news, click bait journalism, which I don’t appreciate or admire.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One America News is sort of like what Fox used to be.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Fox is garbage nowadays. For some reason, it takes forever to load the main page (I assume from all the extra stuff they cram in there (I just want to see the headlines), and their 'main stories' are clickbait crap.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
Same observations here both on Fox and Drudge. Any suggestions on alternatives for actual news and not editorials?

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by asonie:
Same observations here both on Fox and Drudge. Any suggestions on alternatives for actual news and not editorials?

As mentioned by previously, , OAN seems to stick to reporting facts or opinions without sensationalism.

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Funny thing is I have never taken Drudge remotely seriously. It's like clickbait central.

One America is ok but it has stories front and center that are days old / out of date.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I have noticed this about Fox also and it seems to have gotten worse over the past 12 months or so. Another thing I have noticed is that they have been repeating some of these same "click bait", national inquirer, type stories again several weeks later.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Fox is garbage. And yes they keep repeating stories like it is fresh news. They have turned into a tabloid. I wish OAN had an app.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I wish OAN had an app.

[Insert Robin Williams genie voice]
Granted:
http://www.oann.com/app/

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4578 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post