SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Maren Morris “leaving country music”
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maren Morris “leaving country music” Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Because it’s too misogynistic, racist, homophobic, etc etc AHAHAHAHAHA

Who told this empty headed little muppet she was important?

https://www.breitbart.com/ente...ophobic-transphobic/

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
She can leave planet Earth for all I care. I have no idea who the hell this person is.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30423 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
GF and I saw her 2 years ago at Houston Rodeo and she didn't say anything woke during the concert. Actually said she wanted to come back and perform when her kid was old enough for the mutton bustin'.

Enjoyed her music (more at the pop end of country), but too bad she's a woke idiot. Just deleted her "essentials" playlist from Apple Music. Entertainment is both optional and has a lot of options. I don't go seeking to find an entertainers beliefs, but when they go out of their way to share and they're detrimental to society then I vote with my dollars, clicks, and downloads.

The good thing about country music is there is a line of talent waiting so Maren will be forgotten quickly.

EDIT for the "who?" crowd:
  • She was the "it" girl in country music a few years with '16 CMA new artist of the year, '17 ACM New Female vocalist of the year, '19 CMA album of the year, CMA female vocalist o fthe year in '20, ACM Female Artist of the Year in '20 and '21, etc.
  • she has a seven songs that are between platinum and 7x platinum in sales

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23308 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Leemur
    posted Hide Post
    She’s a no talent hack that makes bland, formulaic crap and passes it off as country. Typical of the pop crap that’s taken over the airwaves in recent years. Probably is seeing her popularity take a nosedive after running her yap and now she’s trying to be edgy or something.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    She’s in the wrong industry by trying to support every woke thing she can.

Once she had to show what a great modern mom she was by introducing her 2 year old son to a bunch of transgender’s I knew it would end badly and I’m glad to hear it.

https://www.usmagazine.com/cel...tq-benefit-show/amp/

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    I know exactly who she is. K, see ya

Posts: 13300 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Coin Sniper
    Picture of Rightwire
    posted Hide Post
    I have no idea who she is but the propaganda effort is noted.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37993 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Oriental Redneck
    Picture of 12131
    posted Hide Post
    Just getting her 15 in, whoever the hell she is. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26462 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Nullus Anxietas
    Picture of ensigmatic
    posted Hide Post
    Never heard of her. Seems like I didn't miss anything.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
    "If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of sourdough44
    posted Hide Post
    I knew she was a lefty years ago. She is below mid tier but has a few lukewarm songs. Many of the more modern ‘country’ type singers are more pop, she’s still doing a ‘Dixie chicks’ thing with much of her fan base.

Posts: 6176 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Uppity Helot
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by 12131:
    Just getting her 15 in, whoever the hell she is. Lol.
    Exactly

Posts: 3159 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Ironbutt
    posted Hide Post
    Never heard of her, but I don't listen to hardly any of the new "country music." As far as I'm concerned, country music left Nashville about 25 years ago.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of reloader-1
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ironbutt:
    Never heard of her, but I don't listen to hardly any of the new "country music." As far as I'm concerned, country music left Nashville about 25 years ago.

There’s still some very good messages and songs mixed in with garbage.

Always has been that way in anything.

Posts: 2327 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Just here for the “I don’t know who she is but it’s important enough for me to post about her” responses.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Diablo Blanco
    Picture of dking271
    posted Hide Post
    Massive lib nutjob who is very outspoken about tranny rights and gun control. She left Nashville years ago and is living in California where she belongs.

Posts: 2968 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of erj_pilot
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by dking271:
    She left Nashville years ago and is living in California where she belongs.

You mean, she's a YANKEE?!?!?!?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bolt Thrower
    Picture of Voshterkoff
    posted Hide Post
    Wait until she hears a rap song.

Posts: 9980 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I'd never heard of her but that's not unusual since my county music interests end in the very early 60s (thank you Pandora).

I looked her up and read an interview with some LA paper and came away with the belief she is far less than a psuedointellectual. She's what I used to call an idjit who somehow has the idea that what she has to say has some importance.

IMO, it doesn't.

Bob

Posts: 1579 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Get Off My Lawn
    Picture of oddball
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ironbutt:

Same, my country music has names like Hank, Willie, Merle, Buck, Waylon, Johnny. Never heard of her, but she and Garth can go drink Bud-Light and have a cry about the trannies.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16723 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Staring back
    from the abyss
    Picture of Gustofer
    posted Hide Post
    Taylor Swift 2.0.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post