SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Maren Morris “leaving country music”
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maren Morris “leaving country music” Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Taylor Swift 2.0.
*snort* In her dreams

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't know her music very well, but what I have heard is bland, country-tinged pop of the kind Nashville generates now. Aside from her politics, she is boring.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53177 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
So, this is another crippling blow to western civilization, apparently. Wink

Posts: 27078 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who cares what an entertainer thinks about politcs or "being woke".

Posts: 17386 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Who cares what an entertainer thinks about politcs or "being woke".

lots of people, unfortunately.....

She's average, can't listen to much of her stuff it used to come up on Pandora some, not much anymore..

She has also antagonized Jason and Brittany Aldean over their condemnation of sex-change surgeries, puberty blockers, and other so-called “gender-affirming” procedures for children. Morris attacked Brittany Aldean for her stance, calling her “Insurrection Barbie” and a “scumbag human.”

Well well, Jason Aldeans song and his wife just upset her, awwww here's a tissue.

Posts: 23962 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never heard of her, won't miss her....

Posts: 1287 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Who? Seriously, I don't understand why people care about no name artists because they take a stance like this.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7118 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12862 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Wayne sings ?
I thought he was dead ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55015 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Wait until she hears a rap song.
What I was going to say!

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
How long do you it will take for here to realize that nobody gives a rat's ass?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1886 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
How long do you it will take for here to realize that nobody gives a rat's ass?
If history is a correct indicator of future behavior - never. Liberals only "learn" that they're so enlightened they're ahead of their time, the great unwashed masses are racists/bigots/misogynists, not everyone tried hard enough, or a combination of the above.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23524 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the best way to further ones career in entertaiment is to.... Just. Shut. Up.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16275 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
From FOX NEWS:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...ndustry-music-critic

Country singer quitting genre due to effect of 'Trump years' will have no impact on industry: Music critic

Freelance writer and music commentator Kyle 'Trigger' Coroneos spoke with FOX News Digital on Maren Morris's announcement about leaving country music

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7197 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Yoootoob has been putting her videos into my feed, which is a pretty big departure from what I consume and what the algorithm suggests to me.

Posts: 9630 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As others have suggested, this appears to be only about getting attention for what appears to be a lackluster career, and as others have said, I had never heard her name before this.

Posts: 108621 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Rich summed it up nicely.

Posts: 3969 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Blames the Trump years. Uh... yeah.

Posts: 7332 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really don't know what she's talking about there because, I think when it comes to country music, I think most of the artists, especially in the mainstream of the genre, they don't want to be politically acrimonious in any way. It doesn't help them. They're trying to build the largest audience that they possibly can. And if they do have political affiliations, they try to either keep it to themselves or they soft-pedal on it," Coroneos told FOX News Digital.

He continued, "I also think the constant hall-monitoring that Maren Morris and some other people have been participating in, especially through the COVID years and things like that, were just constantly berating people for the beliefs they have or the actions they take or the decisions they make has gotten people just where they're tired of it. They just don't want someone preaching to them about how they're supposed to think and what they're supposed to do."

Country music critic responds

Love the “hall-monitoring” phrase!

Posts: 18231 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see all the country music stations stop playing her recordings. It ain't gonna happen but I wish it would.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1886 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post