SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'll finally admit it, I am a hoarder
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'll finally admit it, I am a hoarder Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
So I am setting up at a local gun show this weekend. Took some time off work to get things together to sell. One thing I have in abundance in brass since I reload everything that I shoot. I remembered that I had a ammo can full of once fired nickle .38 Special brass and since brass is hot not I'd sell it. I picked this up at the gun club well over 20 years ago and never did anything with it.
Well that turned out to be 1,000 pieces and I bagged them in lots of 250. Then I noticed I had a bunch in another plastic tub. Just culling out the nickle plated I bagged up another 1500. While I was sorting stared tumbling other brass that was dirty. When putting away the 44 mag and special in the rack what do I find? Yep another big tub full of .38 Special at least 2-3,000 more! Too damn tired to finish tonight.
The two big tubs of 40S&W I think I will have to sell for scrap as I don't think anyone will want that? I only have two guns left in that caliber.
The good thing is I am starting to get the basement cleared out of old crap I have accumulated.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I collected 40 for the last three years I was in the CG. I had about five five gallon buckets of it….I’m down to one left. Shooting USPSA in the sand of eastern NC, you couldn’t pick up your brass….

I collected 5.56 too. I think I have two 5 gal buckets left.

My move in 2018 made me go thru everything and consolidate it all. Now it’s much easier to see what I have.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11293 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
So I am setting up at a local gun show this weekend. Took some time off work to get things together to sell. One thing I have in abundance in brass since I reload everything that I shoot. I remembered that I had a ammo can full of once fired nickle .38 Special brass and since brass is hot not I'd sell it. I picked this up at the gun club well over 20 years ago and never did anything with it.
Well that turned out to be 1,000 pieces and I bagged them in lots of 250. Then I noticed I had a bunch in another plastic tub. Just culling out the nickle plated I bagged up another 1500. While I was sorting stared tumbling other brass that was dirty. When putting away the 44 mag and special in the rack what do I find? Yep another big tub full of .38 Special at least 2-3,000 more! Too damn tired to finish tonight.
The two big tubs of 40S&W I think I will have to sell for scrap as I don't think anyone will want that? I only have two guns left in that caliber.
The good thing is I am starting to get the basement cleared out of old crap I have accumulated.

Send me some 40 brass, just picked up 4 p229s in 40. I’ll pay ya.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6326 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Send me some 40 brass, just picked up 4 p229s in 40. I’ll pay ya.

How do you shoot them all at once? Big Grin

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:

How do you shoot them all at once? Big Grin

Here's how.

Posts: 818 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I still shoot .40 and don't see any reason to quit.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4137 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I too have way to many 45, 38/357 and some 223/556 brass ... I don't need that many. I do need 257 Roberts brass.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Definitely not a hoarder.

A real hoarder would be heading down to the gun show looking for some nickle 38spcl.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, he was forewarned, so he is four armed.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
you are not a hoarder,

somewhere, and I doubt I can find them, I have (had) a few pics of a house I helped clean out in 2019

good customer, mentioned in another thread, and his brother were wanna be German WWII reenactors,

but both were bigger than Sgt Shultz,

older bro dies, younger gets evicted, and I filled up my van (maybe 4 or 5 times,) my and my brothers pickups (2-3 times) and had a outdoor shed towed to my shop,

almost all WWII surplus, MG parts kits, ammo, accoutrements, and enough repro (lost battalions etc) uniforms, (non that they could fit into)

1100-1200 Sq Ft house with goat paths thru it,
enough trash to fill a 40yrd open top twice,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
you are not a hoarder,

somewhere, and I doubt I can find them, I have (had) a few pics of a house I helped clean out in 2019

good customer, mentioned in another thread, and his brother were wanna be German WWII reenactors,

but both were bigger than Sgt Shultz,

older bro dies, younger gets evicted, and I filled up my van (maybe 4 or 5 times,) my and my brothers pickups (2-3 times) and had a outdoor shed towed to my shop,

almost all WWII surplus, MG parts kits, ammo, accoutrements, and enough repro (lost battalions etc) uniforms, (non that they could fit into)

1100-1200 Sq Ft house with goat paths thru it,
enough trash to fill a 40yrd open top twice,,

Yep, I've seen this many times.

I was a volunteer doing communications for an outfit called Christmas in April and they would fix up houses for elderly and low income people (sometimes one and the same).

These homes all had paths through the house, and usually had one chair open and a TV tray next to it to eat on as their kitchen tables would even be piled high with stuff

I've seen a 40 yrd open top filled many times.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
You are not a hoarder, you sir, are a collector!
There's a difference! Big Grin

Posts: 5764 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post