SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just one of those years... Lost my home to fire on Christmas day.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just one of those years... Lost my home to fire on Christmas day. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Dang, this is awful and nice. Every one is safe and that is really wonderful. I'll be more than happy to shoot you guys a bit of cash to help you get through this mess. Send me an email if I can help.

Posts: 7559 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Not that it helps anyone else to hear, but 2019 has not been a good year for my family either.

Hopefully 2020 will bring better things, and your family is safe and will be healthy. God Bless!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Sadly, now that you posted this unfortunate topic I was watching a pre-recorded show late last night I had set on my DVR and at the end of the show they had a quick clip of upcoming local news and it had a house fire that 3 children were fatalities and a fourth still in the hospital. It looked like it happened yesterday during the daytime and no type of burglar bars on the windows. I didn't get specifics as I don't watch local news but how tragic.

I thought about you and relieved to know nobody was hurt. I hope all things get resolved with your insurance and keep us posted.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
OP - so sorry to hear about the loss of your home but glad to hear that no one was hurt.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry you're having to endure this. Thank goodness everyone is safe!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
That's sad news. I hope your New Year is much better. Maybe start playing the lottery. You deserve to win.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry; what should've been a pleasant day was indelibly marked on y'alls memories. Thank goodness you're insured. May 2020 bring you better times.

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My cousin that lives beside my mom lost his house to a fire early this year and last week a neighbor less than a half mile up the road lost theirs to a fire. Doesn’t get much worse, especially around the holidays.

Be sure you try to take care of yourself as best you possibly can. Don’t let the stress of this situation sabotage your continued recovery from your cardiac issues.

Also, as mentioned already, PLEASE let us know how we can help.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
So very glad you are all safe. Looking forward to 2020 in hopes it is a better year for us all. Take care.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5322 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
Glad nobody was hurt. Very sorry for your losses. God bless and take care in 2020.

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Glad nobody was hurt and that you have insurance to rebuild...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss, we went through it back in the late 80's. I hope your insurance company will be as fair with you as ours was!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I hope by this time next year you and your family are back to your normal routines.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for all the well wishes and offers to help.

quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I'll be more than happy to shoot you guys a bit of cash to help you get through this mess. Send me an email if I can help.

I don't think it will come to that. Just being able to tap into the experience of the forum members will most likely be the help that will help me the most. Thank you for the offer though.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4791 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Annus horribilis in many ways but it sounds like your health is on the recovery and nobody was hurt. I wish you and your family a better year in 2020.

Posts: 12467 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
My brother had a house fire of similar magnitude 15 or so years ago. He wasn’t home but another member left a grill going on the back deck.

Nobody hurt, not even the dog. They couldn’t live in the house, recovery & dealing with insurance was a handful. They rebuilt on the same foundation. With all the details they never came out ahead, break even maybe.

All the best with recovery.

Posts: 6167 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear everyone got out safe. 2019 may have sucked, 2020 will start off challenging, but think of all the fun you can have rebuilding. Embrace the experience, building our home was one of the coolest things my wife and I have done together. Keep us updated on the progress.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss and experience during 2019.

Good news is your family is safe. The home and household goods can be replaced. Family memorabilia and private paperwork usually cannot. Hopefully, some of that was saved. Hoping 2020 will be a better new year and decade for you and family.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I'm just down the road, if you need a change of scenery. We have the same hobbies...

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post