SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Work shirt with "Military" on it
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Work shirt with "Military" on it Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Its not like you are wearing it to try and score the military discount at Dennys.

You're good.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Sounds ok to me

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Just be sure to wear your green beret with it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
Just me, but I would not be comfortable wearing it if I had not severed.

What are you going to say if someone says 'Thank you for your service'?

I simply say, not me I just support the Navy which generally leads to interesting conversations including one time with a plank owner of the ship's hat I was wearing.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

If wearing a hat or shirt with a ship’s name or number on it is somehow offensive, the museum gift shops (that support the restoration)would go out of business.

This seems like a ridiculous extension (by a few) of the definition of stolen valor.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a non issue. We in the military are grateful for the industries which support our needs. You earned, wear it.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I played hockey with a guy who has a really really nice F22 Raptor pilot jacket. I thought it was a game thing, but it turns out he's in the documentary/video biz and the jacket was a gift from a squadron he did some work with. Don't sweat it.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
My work does stuff for the military and they gave me a shirt that says "Military" with our logo on it.

Regretfully, I never served in the Military but am happy to contribute to products that increase lethality as well as their safety.

Am I a poser to where that shirt in public since I never served?

no - not a poser

it's a shirt - you are not passing yourself off as a veteran

no worries

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was reviewing Ohio special license plates last year. There is a whole series of military plates. I could get a license plate that is “Vietnam veteran during conflict “. The plate has an American flag with Vietnam on the left and Veteran on the bottom.

I enlisted in 1969 but served in US and Germany. I would not feel right getting a plate that says Vietnam veteran.

There are also plates with Vietnam and the ribbon displayed but I don’t think the general public would notice the difference.

Not same circumstance but similar situation.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post