SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Android Gurus - Is there a way to limit SMS texts to people in your contact list? UPDATE in last post.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Android Gurus - Is there a way to limit SMS texts to people in your contact list? UPDATE in last post. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Suddenly, I'm getting spam texts and blocking the number does no good - they just use a different number.

I have a call blocker that shitcans any incoming call that's not from a number in my contact list.

Is there an app that will do the same for texts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PHPaul,

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
What type phone? iPhone has a filter that allows you to select messages from
  • All senders,

• Known senders, or

• Unknown senders.
If it's Android, I know nothing.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I took it to the AT&T store where I bought it and the back room Uber Geek changed the notification settings.

I'll still GET the texts, but they won't trigger a notification unless they're in my contact list.

Not perfect, but better than the phone sounding off 20 times a day for spam.

EDIT: Well, shit. That didn't work after all. Still getting spam from my good friend Hamid...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post