SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Don't Often Ask for Advice on Clothing But...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't Often Ask for Advice on Clothing But... Login/Join 
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Lee carpenters have served me well. Not much has changed over the years as quality is concerned. John

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've usually worn Wranglers, but have bought a couple of pair of Amazon Essentials. Not bad for the price and they offer just about every combination of waste and length which is something you don't always find.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/LEE-Men...+%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-4

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:

Amazon Essentials . . . Not bad for the price and they offer just about every combination of waste and length
Your post inspired me to look at the Amazon Essentials jeans.

I could not find any with the waist / length combination that I need, 40x36. I opened a chat session with Amazon customer service; nothing found there, either. I was hoping, but Frown

I did look at the Wrangler site and found some. They do not match Amazon's free shipping.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old Navy jeans are cheap and very durable.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carharts from Bass Pro.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Eddie Bauer has a canvass type pants that are slightly stretchy. I don’t have a pair but was admiring them at an outlet for $35 after discount.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Wrangler Rigs are the jeans I buy new for work.

I DO buy Levi's all the time... but only at the thrift store.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave up on Levi’s many years ago. So over priced compared to others. There is one store in our small town that sells Wrangler seconds for $8 - $10. Perfect for cool weather yard work. Old worn shorts for summer yard work. I am too much of a klutz for chainsaw work. I have to hire someone for that.

Someone posted a link to Lee carpenter jeans. I wear those quite a lot + JC Penny Arizona brand in lieu of the overpriced Levi’s that I have quit buying.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Wranglers from Wal Mart for yard work and outdoor chores.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

I'm surprised people are saying this. I used to buy Old Navy jeans and then they started tearing after just a month or so. I had a great coupon for Gap jeans and tried them. Now I spend the $60 if I need to. I have been wearing the same 5 pairs of Gap jeans for about 2 years with hardly any wear on them.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:

Amazon Essentials . . . Not bad for the price and they offer just about every combination of waste and length
Your post inspired me to look at the Amazon Essentials jeans.

I could not find any with the waist / length combination that I need, 40x36. I opened a chat session with Amazon customer service; nothing found there, either. I was hoping, but Frown

I did look at the Wrangler site and found some. They do not match Amazon's free shipping.

Ah, I see they only go up to 34 length. I will say however they run long. I wear 31 waste and 30 leg and the first ones I ordered at that size bunched up quite a bit on the bottom and haven't shrunk with several hot water washings. I tried 31/29 and they are about right, but I've never wore that size so I don't know if they are making them longer anticipating shrinkage after multiple washings or they just figure bunched up at the ankle is the proper look. I personally like them to just hit the top of my shoes and feel uncomfortable with all that extra material gathered at my ankles. But I see a lot of guys wearing that way.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Carhartts from Sierra Trading Post.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Duluth.

I have been wearing a few pair for a couple of years.

They are in rotation either wearing or in the laundry.

They have a lined jean style I save for the winter. I put them on to walk the dog at night no mater what the temp is they keep me warm.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Wranglers

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Wrangler 13MWZ

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

I'm surprised people are saying this. I used to buy Old Navy jeans and then they started tearing after just a month or so. I had a great coupon for Gap jeans and tried them. Now I spend the $60 if I need to. I have been wearing the same 5 pairs of Gap jeans for about 2 years with hardly any wear on them.

Gap and Old Navy are owned by the same company and sister companies......not sure if the quality is different between the two or not on jeans.

But for working in the yard, I just wear old/stained stuff I don't wear elsewhere.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s funny you want to buy new jeans to do yard word. I wear my oldest 5.11 pants to do yard work. They’re covered in chainsaw oil and the pockets are full of dirt.

Posts: 551 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I only buy two brands of jeans, doesn't matter if you are talking about work or leisure. Carhartt or Wrangler. Carhartt jeans are my favorite, they are true to size, very well made and comfy as all get out. Wait for a sale and they are very affordable.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post