SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If Sarah Sanders Were to Smack the Press
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If Sarah Sanders Were to Smack the Press Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
June 4, 2018
Sarah Sanders trolls Paul Krugman
By Thomas Lifson

Trolling Trump-haters is so easy and so much fun that we are going to see a lot more of it. After all, so many people that pretend they are smart have made ridiculous predictions of doom that President Trump’s track record of success makes them look like fools.

Even Sarah Sanders can’t resist. Yesterday, on Twitter (aka, Troll Central) she posted this:

Sarah Sanders
‏Verified account @PressSec

We’ve come a long way since Paul Krugman, writing in the New York Times after the election, said the Trump presidency would bring a “global recession, with no end in sight”...

That’s a classic, and has all the elements of a successful troll tweet: foolish words from the target, a reality check, and a nice picture.

See also:

Mujahed
‏ @kebejay

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And the great James Woods:

James Woods
‏Verified account @RealJamesWoods

The lowest unemployment in recorded American history. Thank you, Mr. President. #TaxCutsWork

https://www.americanthinker.co...ls_paul_krugman.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24642 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
I'm proud of Sarah Sanders.

She doesn't fold under what the left considers 'withering' questions...

She's tough, smart and can handle the mostly commie press.

She really pisses them off because she doesn't find them intimidating, but rather tolerates them as the childish buffoons they generally prove to be.

No, she isn't imperious.

Just, grownup...

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ +1

quote:
I'm proud of Sarah Sanders.

She's awesome!

Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24642 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I don't know why they put up with any of that stuff.
"Handouts of tody's information are on the table by the door. Submit any questions in writing. Have a nice day"

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Now, where's the fun in that? Big Grin

She did especially well today. Same question repeated by multiple smarmy assholes, same response from Sarah, word-for-word. By the time she cut them off and walked out, they were foaming at the mouth and we were laughing.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9380 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Would it be wrong to cover the press room seats in a glaze of KY jelly?

I find lack of agreeable seating to move a meeting on quite well.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
You don’t want to abridge the freedom of the press, but nothing says you can't criticize the press as severely as their antics warrant when they exercise it. Some might react by “speaking freely.”

Just like keeping and bearing arms, or sny other of these rights, if you abuse it, there are ramifications.

Except these people are not legitimate press. They're enemy agents and they don't even bother hiding it.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:
quote:
You don’t want to abridge the freedom of the press, but nothing says you can't criticize the press as severely as their antics warrant when they exercise it. Some might react by “speaking freely.”

Just like keeping and bearing arms, or sny other of these rights, if you abuse it, there are ramifications.

Except these people are not legitimate press. They're enemy agents and they don't even bother hiding it.

Well, what is “the press.” There are no licenses, no exams, no educational requirements, no showing of “good moral character”.... it may be like the Friday night poker game, guts or better.

We’ve had lengthy threads on this before over the years.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, what is “the press.” There are no licenses, no exams, no educational requirements, no showing of “good moral character”.... it may be like the Friday night poker game, guts or better.

I like the way Al Swearengen put it to the newspaperman Merrick in Deadwood, telling him that "...you owning a printing press proves only you’ve an interest in the truth, meaning up to a fucking point—slightly more than us others maybe, but short of a fucking anointing or the shouldering of a sacred burden, unless of course the printing press was the gift of an angel. I’d want to be there for that handoff myself."

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
Would it be wrong to cover the press room seats in a glaze of KY jelly?

I find lack of agreeable seating to move a meeting on quite well.

Served under a Commander that had us stand at a table. At the start of the meeting the door was locked. We did an agenda, no PowerPoint. When the agenda was done, so was the meeting. Amazing how fast meetings were.

Can see how that would upset the press.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Sarah is a great press secretary, and no other president has called out the press the way President Trump has done. But, still, I don't know why they take the shit they do take. The press reminds me of those brats running around a restaurant while the parent says, "Tyler, put that lady's glass down. And stop runni-- Tyler? Get back here right now. Do you hear me, Tyler? Stop screaming, Tyler...."

Sarah should tell them, "Please sit quietly until I recognize you to ask a question. If you shout questions, you will be told to leave the room. The same is true with follow up questions. You must wait until I recognize you for the follow up. Insults thinly veiled as questions will also get you removed from the press room. You are here at the pleasure of the President of the United States, and you must follow the rules and protocols that he has set for press briefings."

End of story.

Within a week, the biggest assholes would be gone.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:
quote:

We’ve had lengthy threads on this before over the years.

Common sense tells us who the press are and what they do.

The press are journalists who disseminate facts with as little regard to bias as possible.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I got to say, she's one of the best WH Press Secretaries in all the years I've been following politics. She drives the commie maggots nut.

Yep. I honestly don't recall any WH Press Secretary having as much focus and attention on her as Sarah except maybe Spicer. They are trying to crack her like they did Spicer but the woman as big brass balls.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20080 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sarah should tell them, "Please sit quietly until I recognize you to ask a question. If you shout questions, you will be told to leave the room. The same is true with follow up questions. You must wait until I recognize you for the follow up. Insults thinly veiled as questions will also get you removed from the press room. You are here at the pleasure of the President of the United States, and you must follow the rules and protocols that he has set for press briefings."End of story.Within ten minutes a week , the biggest assholes would be gone.

FIFY.

But IIRC, at the start of the Reagan administration they laid down some rules of conduct and decorum. During the Femmy Carter administration the press room looked like a coffee shop in Seattle. Reagan required they be properly dressed (men had to wear suits and ties, the women were to be appropriately dressed). They laid down other rules for the press briefings. Trump should do the same. Reagan did so because he (rightly IMO) believed that the office should merit a level of decorum. Trump needs to do it to get the level of behavior up to Romper Room levels.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8366 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Put me in the camp that really likes Sarah and admires her ability to do a very difficult job. She has handled the personal insults with dignity I doubt most in that press group could endure without throwing a hissy-fit.

Thinking back at the past press secretaries during Republican administrations, only Tony Snow comes to mind as being in her league.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
WaPo ‘Fact Check’ Excuses Vicious Harassment Of Sarah Huckabee Sanders

AUGUST 4, 2018 By Rachel Stoltzfoos

The Washington Post ran a stunningly disingenuous fact check Friday on Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ claim about the way the press treats her, excusing vicious harassment of the White House press secretary and rating obviously true claims as “bogus.”

Among the most bizarre findings by Aaron Blake: The media don’t think Sanders should be “choked,” they just want to “wring” her neck. And it’s crazy for her to say anyone said she should be “harassed as a life sentence,” when they really said she should be made “uncomfortable” as a “life sentence.”

“Nobody advocated for Sanders being choked,” Blake wrote, before explaining about the time an MSNBC reporter called for another reporter to wring her neck. Sanders’ comparison of wringing a neck to choking is “uncharitable,” he claimed.

“Nobody said Sanders should be harassed as a life sentence,” Blake wrote, in an even more brazen denial of the facts. “[Jennifer] Rubin said nothing directly about people ‘harassing’ Sanders, although she did say being ‘uncomfortable’ should be a ‘life sentence’ for Sanders …”

Blake also claimed Sanders is wrong to say reporters brought comedian Michelle Wolf on stage to mock her at the White House Correspondents dinner. “Sanders makes it sound as though the press tasked Wolf with ridiculing her,” Blake wrote. Of course, that’s exactly what the reporters who invited Wolf to the dinner tasked her with, which is why the White House Correspondents Association felt the need to apologize for her appearance.

In fact, Sanders’ statement about harassment is totally accurate. “The media has attacked me personally on a number of occasions, including your own network — said I should be harassed as a life sentence, that I should be choked,” she said, adding: “When I was hosted by the [White House] Correspondents’ Association, of which almost all of you are members of, you brought a comedian up to attack my appearance and call me a traitor to my own gender.”

Blake’s “fact check” in the Washington Post is one more example of Sanders’ unfair treatment from the press. His attempt to excuse vicious and violent calls for harassment of a woman comes one day after the Washington Post excused a virulent racist hired by The New York Times, claiming Sarah Jeong’s pile of overtly racist tweets against white people were just “making fun.”

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wring: to squeeze or twist something. So the media does not want to "choke" her, just "squeeze or twist her neck." And they wonder why they have no credibility left.

Posts: 2534 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Anyone who thinks “wring her neck” does not imply a fatal outcome has never raised chickens.

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'd like to think anyone who reads that "piece" (of shit), would realize what a stretch and how idiotic it is. Deep down I mean....not typical liberal posturing.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post