SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If Sarah Sanders Were to Smack the Press
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If Sarah Sanders Were to Smack the Press Login/Join 
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Zorro can only wish that he was that good. Hoo boy, I guarantee. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Anyone who thinks “wring her neck” does not imply a fatal outcome has never raised chickens.

Yep. These morons want to get hung up on this implication that it could somehow mean being “run through the wringer,” as Jim Acosta tried to say the other day. The actual definition of the term is more akin to how one wrings out a towel. Having actually done it to fowl, I can’t think of it another way.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17674 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The way Sarah Sanders is treated is an embarrassment and disgrace.

The people making snarky comments about her looks should be ashamed of themselves.

And Sarah Sanders takes it all with poise and grace. Hopefully she will be a role model for the young girls and women out there.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
The way Sarah Sanders is treated is an embarrassment and disgrace.

The people making snarky comments about her looks should be ashamed of themselves.

And Sarah Sanders takes it all with poise and grace. Hopefully she will be a role model for the young girls and women out there.

Shit, I would be happy if some.older men out there learned from her

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They need to start yanking press passes.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34419 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
They need to start yanking press passes.

I 100% agree but, Acosta and the like would be martyrs to the left after that. I would let them keep their passes just not take any questions from them, period.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:
quote:
You don’t want to abridge the freedom of the press, but nothing says you can't criticize the press as severely as their antics warrant when they exercise it. Some might react by “speaking freely.”

Just like keeping and bearing arms, or sny other of these rights, if you abuse it, there are ramifications.

Except these people are not legitimate press. They're enemy agents and they don't even bother hiding it.

Well, what is “the press.” There are no licenses, no exams, no educational requirements, no showing of “good moral character”.... it may be like the Friday night poker game, guts or better.

We’ve had lengthy threads on this before over the years.

Jallen, I respect the hell out of you, and you are a far smarter and more rounded man than I in a lot of regards, but could you please explain to me just what all of those "ramifications" are?

I know what happens if you abuse your 2nd amendment right. (Well, at least what should happen, from experience, Chicago & Cook Co aint to fond of keepin' bad guys in jail) However, I have yet to see ANY reporter or news outlet get slapped for printing half of the bullshit that they do.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Trump backers remember when CNN senior White House correspondent Jeff Zeleny, then a New York Times reporter, asked President Obama at the 100-day mark of his presidency, "What has ... Enchanted you the most from serving in this office?"

We didn't invent that quote. Reporters will angrily deny there's a dramatic double standard in what they call "holding public servants accountable." Not even they believe it.
Yeah, and if this litte prancer didn't have his asshole greased up just waiting for Barry to bugger him after the press conference, I'd be very surprised.

Disgusting behavior. My God.

This fraud's own newspaper buried the story. That really tells you something. They buried it almost as deep as this guy wants Obama's dick buried in his ass. Almost

For the MSM during Obamas reign that was a tough question put out by a brave journalist.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have to accept the fact that the MSM today are the Fifth Column for the Democrats and other Leftists in every thing they do and say.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:
quote:
You don’t want to abridge the freedom of the press, but nothing says you can't criticize the press as severely as their antics warrant when they exercise it. Some might react by “speaking freely.”

Just like keeping and bearing arms, or sny other of these rights, if you abuse it, there are ramifications.

Except these people are not legitimate press. They're enemy agents and they don't even bother hiding it.

Well, what is “the press.” There are no licenses, no exams, no educational requirements, no showing of “good moral character”.... it may be like the Friday night poker game, guts or better.

We’ve had lengthy threads on this before over the years.

Jallen, I respect the hell out of you, and you are a far smarter and more rounded man than I in a lot of regards, but could you please explain to me just what all of those "ramifications" are?

I know what happens if you abuse your 2nd amendment right. (Well, at least what should happen, from experience, Chicago & Cook Co aint to fond of keepin' bad guys in jail) However, I have yet to see ANY reporter or news outlet get slapped for printing half of the bullshit that they do.

These days, we tend (far too often, IMnotalwaysoHO) to run to government to take care of any problems, misbehaviors, disappointments, failings. “There oughta be a law!” if there isn’t one already.

We often do not recognize, or act as though we did, that these rights we insist on guarding so zealously are but one side of a coin, the other side being responsibility in exercising that right.

Many believe we have these rights whether government recognizes them or not, that they do not exist as grants from government but from another source, a Devine Being, or part of the social compact, or otherwise. The so called Bill of Rights is not a grant of these rights but a limitation on government to interfere or regulate.

So, “Congress shall pass no law....”

One of the claimed benefits of a free press is to ferret out and publicize activities of the government. Sometimes those in government are not too keen on having their activities publicly scrutinized. Some activities are best kept secret for good and proper reasons.

Not everyone in the government is on the same side, there are always dissenters, spies, turncoats, and it is often a matter of dispute whether some activities are just and proper or foolish, unjust, unjustified and improper. A scheme of press releases and leaks has developed over the years, a game of sorts played enthusiastically by all sides.

These things are complicated by the awkward circumstance that what is true can be often hard to recognize in the crowd of conflicting claims, outright falsehoods in disguise, cloaked in dreams, ambitions, fears and greed.

When those in government misbehave, they can be jailed, removed from office, voted out of office, if we know of the misbehavior.

If the press misbehaves, if some forfeit the trust and confidence they claim to be entitled to, they are not jailed but they can be removed, by economics. Brian Williams, Dan Rather, come to mind. There are others, less well known, who have been revealed as imposters, untrustworthy, and ruined. Folks just don’t buy what they are selling.

This process is neither quick nor reliable, unfortunately. Good citizens need to hold’em to it, but there is disagreement in most cases of what is good, true, necessary, and what is out of bounds. It is galling to see what we regard as bogus or wrongful get away with it, but that is the cost of the right.

Just like the Second Amendment, there will be troubling misbehavior, but that is the price of freedom. You don’t pick up all guns, and we don’t pick up all presses, microphones, cameras. More presses, microphones and cameras!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Great post Jallen! Well said sir.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1784 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
And I am in north Texas now but when I transit the Hill Country I would be honored to buy you a drink!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1784 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CPD SIG:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JALLEN:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Monk:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JALLEN:

These days, we tend (far too often, IMnotalwaysoHO) to run to government to take care of any problems, misbehaviors, disappointments, failings. “There oughta be a law!” if there isn’t one already.

We often do not recognize, or act as though we did, that these rights we insist on guarding so zealously are but one side of a coin, the other side being responsibility in exercising that right.

Many believe we have these rights whether government recognizes them or not, that they do not exist as grants from government but from another source, a Devine Being, or part of the social compact, or otherwise. The so called Bill of Rights is not a grant of these rights but a limitation on government to interfere or regulate.

So, “Congress shall pass no law....”

One of the claimed benefits of a free press is to ferret out and publicize activities of the government. Sometimes those in government are not too keen on having their activities publicly scrutinized. Some activities are best kept secret for good and proper reasons.

Not everyone in the government is on the same side, there are always dissenters, spies, turncoats, and it is often a matter of dispute whether some activities are just and proper or foolish, unjust, unjustified and improper. A scheme of press releases and leaks has developed over the years, a game of sorts played enthusiastically by all sides.

These things are complicated by the awkward circumstance that what is true can be often hard to recognize in the crowd of conflicting claims, outright falsehoods in disguise, cloaked in dreams, ambitions, fears and greed.

When those in government misbehave, they can be jailed, removed from office, voted out of office, if we know of the misbehavior.

If the press misbehaves, if some forfeit the trust and confidence they claim to be entitled to, they are not jailed but they can be removed, by economics. Brian Williams, Dan Rather, come to mind. There are others, less well known, who have been revealed as imposters, untrustworthy, and ruined. Folks just don’t buy what they are selling.

This process is neither quick nor reliable, unfortunately. Good citizens need to hold’em to it, but there is disagreement in most cases of what is good, true, necessary, and what is out of bounds. It is galling to see what we regard as bogus or wrongful get away with it, but that is the cost of the right.

Just like the Second Amendment, there will be troubling misbehavior, but that is the price of freedom. You don’t pick up all guns, and we don’t pick up all presses, microphones, cameras. More presses, microphones and cameras!

Again, what are the ramifications for the press when they step out of line?
I know that this isn't a new concept, and extremely slanted reporting or Yellow Journalism has been very much alive and well in America for easily the past 150 years. However, nothing seems to happen. CNN still exists, FOX is alive and well, the New York Times hasn't gone belly up.

YES! I am all for the ability and the RIGHT of the press to do a fair and impartial investigation on matters of corruption, and bringing (most of) the hidden matters to see the light of day.

You, I and anyone else here on Sig Forum decides to go and abuse our right to Keep and Bear Arms... We're in jail. The media commits the same level of abuse under the veil of "freedom of the press" and the "Thank God for 'Congress shall make no law...'"! and nothing happens. How far does a reporter or a news outlet have to go before they get fired or go bankrupt? I can't remember the last time a reporter was tared and feathered, or ran out of town on a rail.

Hell yes, good citizens need to hold them to it, but how much does that actually happen?
I can't remember if it was Burke or Orwell who coined the "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
And even if they do; letters to the editor, protests, yelling, wailing, gnashing of the teeth... what happens?
Case in point: Let's just see how long the openly racist Sarah Jeong keeps her job at the NYT. Someone is still going to be buying that paper, someone is still going to be buying the products that advertise in that paper.
Brian Williams? He hit the penalty box for a 4 minute major, and that's it. He's still out there, making money. Albeit with less credibility, but he's still out there. So is NBC/MSNBC.
Another good barometric in this instance is how long is the NFL going to last.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I dealt with slime balls in the media for many years. Many young fresh faced reporters get into the business thinking it is their job to ferret out and report the facts. Those in editorial positions on the other hand often start thinking they are all important and know better than we, the unwashed. We can't handle the truth, so they must shape it for us. They often savage good people, and destroy lives and careers by twisting, embellishing, or omitting key facts. Or allow favored persons to escape accountability for their misdeeds. I would not trust a reporter as far as I can throw my F250.

JALLEN is right, there is rarely any accountability for the Fourth Estate. Throughout my career the counsel I received is you don't screw with people who by ink by the barrel and newsprint by the trainload. I so enjoy seeing Trump stick it to them and expose their corruption and hope he can continue the trend for many years to come.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4373 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Right on Jallen. That is why I always read your posts. Sarah can hold her own with these creeps. She is the best I ever saw at her job. Really like her and her style. I hear she now has secret service protection. How many companies will be offering her a job when she leaves? Many.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
And I am in north Texas now but when I transit the Hill Country I would be honored to buy you a drink!

Mighty friendly, but alas, I am so puny these days I seldom leave the house. Shoot, for that matter, I seldom ever drink either anymore, except iced tea, and coffee.

There is no prospect to getting better, so here we are.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Yes Sarah is great, the best. I like to imagine what she is thinking and what she'd really like to say when answering their stupid questions, and that she is in reality biting her lip trying not to respond to them the way she might if one of her children tried to pull a fast one on her. But I'm sure her children have more character than the bulk of the press in that room.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8931 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post