SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Teen charged with Biloxi officer's ambush killing giggles, burps during court hearing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teen charged with Biloxi officer's ambush killing giggles, burps during court hearing Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
I'd like to see them fry this thug until his grill melts. Mad

https://www.clarionledger.com/...-hearing/1489368001/

Darian Atkinson walked eight miles from his mother’s home off Popp’s Ferry Road to the Lopez Quave Public Safety Center in Biloxi with one goal in mind — to kill a police officer, a detective said during the teen's preliminary hearing Tuesday, the Sun Herald reported.

Atkinson, 19, was smiling as he was led into the Harrison County courthouse. During the hearing, he often looked around the courtroom, giggled and shook his head. At one point, he burped as his attorney, Theressia Lyons, interviewed Gulfport police Det. Samuel Jewell.

Jewell revealed new details in the “ambush”-style May 5 killing of Biloxi police officer Robert McKeithen.

Atkinson first walked into the police station dressed in dark clothing, with a red beanie cap on his head and a big smile on his face. He had followed a couple that was there to file a report on a domestic incident but did not know him.

Atkinson followed the couple back outside when they caught up with McKeithen, a patrolman who was at the police department to fix a flat tire, to discuss their complaint.

The couple had two young children, ages 2 and younger, with them, Jewell said.

McKeithen spoke to Atkinson, but he told the police officer he had nothing to do with the domestic incident and told him to “leave him alone.”

Jewell said Atkinson then hung out by a tree outside the police station before he walked back, pulled out a .40-caliber Glock from his pants pocket and started shooting at McKeithen.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My first question is why is the media allowed to refer to these killers as “teens”? Last I checked, 19 makes you an adult in the eyes of the law.

Mad dogs need to be put down. No appeals, no drawn out sentences. Kill them.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15628 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since the killing, various people have posted their support for Atkinson on his public Facebook page.

There's a certain segment of our citizenry that I have no idea how we'll ever reconcile with the rest of civil society.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30738 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
My first question is why is the media allowed to refer to these killers as “teens”? Last I checked, 19 makes you an adult in the eyes of the law.

Because nineteen is still a teen. Juvenile I believe is the term you are looking for when referring to a non-adult criminal.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Since the killing, various people have posted their support for Atkinson on his public Facebook page.

There's a certain segment of our citizenry that I have no idea how we'll ever reconcile with the rest of civil society.

Short answer? We won't. That certain segment of society revels in leading the life of a thug. They like staying up late every night, sleeping late every morning, pitching dope in between. They think that if you have something that they want such as your car, that it's ok to walk up to you and take it via any manner they choose. If you resist, it's ok to shoot you. And if the Police find you and attempt to arrest you it's ok to pull that gun out and shoot at the Police or try to run them over with the car you stole earlier. And when the Police DO shoot you in self defense, it's ok for the people in the hood to riot and cause physical harm to the Police Officers that come to restore peace because you are after all, a victim of our racist ( only in their tiny little brains ) society and cause millions of dollars in property damage to the surrounding area. I don't know what the solution is. I have a few ideas but they won't be very popular. One of them is strict enforcement of the law and long prison terms for those that commit violent crime. That would of course open up new employment opportunities for our sjw's but that's another topic.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
In the course of civilized existence, it's been standard practice to put down and exterminate a rapid dog...IMMEDIATELY. I see no reason to treat this sack of putrid fecal matter any differently.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I'd like to think that he won't see twenty.

Posts: 11338 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:

Because nineteen is still a teen. Juvenile I believe is the term you are looking for when referring to a non-adult criminal.

It is intentional misuse of the term. Just because he hasn’t quite reached 20. The lamestream media is trying to paint a picture that is not fully and properly descriptive. “Teen” conjures up an image of a child to most people, not of an adult with -teen at the end of his numerical age. He should be described as a 19 year old adult.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15628 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is intentional misuse of the term. Just because he hasn’t quite reached 20. The lamestream media is trying to paint a picture that is not fully and properly descriptive. “Teen” conjures up an image of a child to most people, not of an adult with -teen at the end of his numerical age. He should be described as a 19 year old adult.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I disagree. Teens are a real problem when it comes to violent impulsive behavior. Frankly, older criminal adults have more sense and are less likely to be a problem. The gang violence in larger cities is not between older adults. There is a reason the Juvenile Court judges dress the teens in orange jumpsuits and handcuffs for a court appearance.

This is a local story for me and I know the cast of characters involved. I am not hearing a lot of support for this guy from any segment of the community.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
19 or 89 this guy needs to be found in his cell dead from self inflicted head trauma.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

He should be described as a formerly nineteen year old adult who was tried, convicted, and executed for his crimes. Sadly that won’t happen, but with any luck he’ll get taken out by another “teen” before too long.

Posts: 6926 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Bad seed

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
"Teen," my kosher ass! How many of us were working at productive jobs, or in college, or in the military (I was in the Navy) at that age, being responsible members of society?

We need an island where these antisocial nonproductive scum can just be dropped and left to either learn to be productive in order to eat and have shelter, or just die.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30738 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He knows that he's done and has nothing to lose. He's filth, never was anything but filth, would never be anything more than filth, and he knows it. That's all the satisfaction you're going to get from any of this- knowing that he knows he's a complete failure at life. Beyond that, just put it out of your mind.

Posts: 107750 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're just looking for a reason to be outraged/offended.

The link from the OP is a local source, not the 'lamestream' media...and no one, absolutely no one is going to bat for this teen. No one is trying to drum up sympathy or any other emotion by referring to him as a teen.

Just imagine if the person in the story was 13, the youngest teen instead of the oldest teen... Does that factually change anything? If anything it would be even more outrageous that a 13yr old kid hunted down and shot a police officer...

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

We need an island where these antisocial nonproductive scum can just be dropped and left to either learn to be productive in order to eat and have shelter, or just die.

"Sucks to your ass-mar, Piggy!"

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15911 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Incidents like this shows the demise of our younger population. We need a miracle to turn things around.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post