SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Federal court declares New York ban on nunchucks unconstitutional
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal court declares New York ban on nunchucks unconstitutional Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Michelangelo is pretty pumped about this.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
OH GOD....THINK OF THE CHILDREN...ALL THOSE SELF INFLICTED HEAD AND TESTICULAR INJURIES.....and bad Utube videos showing them

ok, most are pretty funny Big Grin

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
When will this state ban the jawbone of an asset or a frozen leg of lamb as deadly weapons?

Can't do it. Too many political types would be running over each other getting to the exits.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
^^^^ Only 15 posts till the defeatism shows up. Why not just take a 2A win without being negative? It does change something. It’s a move towards expanding the 2A to encompass more than just firearms, and solidify it as a right to self defense.

I bet the folks advocating for knife rights are a little more optimistic wrt this ruling.

I live in NY, I know people will still be arrested for having them and still have their lives ruined in the process of eventually "winning".

Remember, we have the "you can only own 10 round mags and you can only carry them with 7 rounds" law. A Federal(?) court judged ruled that was a no go. Hooray, we win!
But they didnt change the law, it's still in there and people are still getting arrested for it.

We recently had a court ruling that assisted opening knives were switchblades, despite the fact that they dont meet the laws defenituon of what a switchblade is. Roll Eyes The judge basically said.. I don't care what the law actually says, I want it to mean what I want it to mean.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
And lets be real for a second, these wankers banned sticks tied together. You get right down to it, and that's helmet-wearing stupid.
I can count to potato!

Posts: 107743 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Just what do you do with these things, anyway? All I ever see is twirling them. Do you strike with one or both sticks, use them as a restraint or garrote, or what?

Posts: 28009 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yes, and use them or whatever ties them together to block strikes and trap as well.

Honestly? These are people who get their gun control policies from whatever looks scary in a Hollywood blockbuster. I think the old farts saw "Enter The Dragon" and decided that a couple of scenes were an excellent basis for mindless legislation.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, Numb Chucks are allowed run amok there.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of sets. Used to fancy myself as a regular nunchakiuer.

I recall reading something once about the physics of the nunchucks. It boiled down to they look cool, but can't really impart enough energy to be an effective weapon against much of an adversary.

Sure, they can hurt like hell, as I personally know all too well, but that's about it, short of a lucky temple hit.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11451 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Does this also apply to gopherchucks?

Hmm, good question.

Posts: 7378 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Glad we got that sorted out.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post