SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Having trouble finding IP address for new Dahua camera UPDATE: Up and running! Nice camera
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Having trouble finding IP address for new Dahua camera UPDATE: Up and running! Nice camera Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I picked up a Dahua DH-IPC-HDW4431C-A-V2
I am not having any luck figuring out the IP address.
Dahua's site says for me to download their IP config tool software but I can't seem to locate that on their site nor does it list this camera as a model.

Any suggestions?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25668 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Is this what you're looking for?

https://dahuawiki.com/ConfigTool

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
DH-IPC-HDW4431C-A-V2

nice camera in it's price range!!

I normally go to my router at 192.168.1.1, plug in camera, and see what IP address is new, and that's the camera!!

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11090 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Is this what you're looking for?

https://dahuawiki.com/ConfigTool

That should be it.
Thank you
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
DH-IPC-HDW4431C-A-V2

nice camera in it's price range!!

I normally go to my router at 192.168.1.1, plug in camera, and see what IP address is new, and that's the camera!!

I have an AirPort Extreme and know how to see what IP addresses are connected wirelessly but never been able to figure it out for wired devices.

All this trying to find IP addresses always hurts my head.
Probably would help if I figured out what the values mean and how they are assigned.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I installed the config program and that is not bringing up the new Dahua camera only my Amcrest that is already up and running.

————————————————

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
The camera should have a MAC address on it. Note this number then run FING on your ios device. The IP address should be by the MAC address.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4275 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
The camera should have a MAC address on it. Note this number then run FING on your ios device. The IP address should be by the MAC address.

Slick little utility there thank you for that. Though it is not showing my camera either. I guess I'll have to check the camera again.
I have it plugged into a POE injector then to my hub in the basement. The camera is/was getting power. I'll have to check in the AM.

I have one device that I am not sure what it is. Just says generic but the MAC address does not match my camera.

I have not upgraded to iOS11 and I get a warning that FING will no longer read MAC addresses once upgraded.

————————————————

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Make sure your computer is on the same subnet as the default of the camera although those utilities will usually bypass it and let you configure it.

Posts: 23192 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Make sure your computer is on the same subnet as the default of the camera although those utilities will usually bypass it and let you configure it.

How do I change the subnet as it appears all my IPs are 10.0.1.xx

————————————————

Winner
posted Hide Post
Temporarily set one of your computers to a static IP address in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet. You should then be able to login to the Dahua camera and set its address to one on your 10.0.1.xx subnet (or configure it for DHCP)

Posts: 132 | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jlb226:
Temporarily set one of your computers to a static IP address in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet. You should then be able to login to the Dahua camera and set its address to one on your 10.0.1.xx subnet (or configure it for DHCP)

I would suggest downloading the Dahua software (general config tool) so you can change the IP address to something that will match your PC.
http://us.dahuasecurity.com/en/us/software.php

Posts: 4222 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Winner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:

I would suggest downloading the Dahua software (general config tool) so you can change the IP address to something that will match your PC.

From an earlier post, it appeared that was not working for the OP:

quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I installed the config program and that is not bringing up the new Dahua camera only my Amcrest that is already up and running.

Posts: 132 | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just change the IP on your computer to:
255.255.255.0 subnet mask

Then put the IP of the cam in a web browser and logon.

Then change the IP of cam to 10.0.1.200 (or one that is not in use on your network) save it and then change your computer back to DHCP an you are back in business.

Posts: 23192 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Then change the IP of cam to 10.0.1.200 (or one that is not in use on your network) save it and then change your computer back to DHCP an you are back in business.

Likely a dumb question but how does one go about doing that???
This camera venture is my first in dealing with IP addresses where I actually have to do something with them.

————————————————

If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:

From an earlier post, it appeared that was not working for the OP:

quote:

I missed that part. I had this same issue, I had to buy a POE injector off Amazon (to supply power to the camera), plug the camera into my ethernet port on my PC (since PC's do not supply power through the ethernet ports) and then I could change the IP address.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 4222 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

This camera venture is my first in dealing with IP addresses where I actually have to do something with them.

I never could get mine to work this way - maybe he can, I was unable to log in to the camera with the default password. If he gets a POE injector he can hook up directly to a PC regardless of the IP address and reset the IP address then username and password. I assume you are using a PC, if not you could still buy an injector and connect the camera to a PC or laptop with an ethernet connection.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
If he gets a POE injector he can hook up directly to a PC regardless of the IP address and reset the IP address then username and password.

Not quite.

You only need a POE ejector to provide power to the camera. Alternative methods are using a POE SWITCH or a regular power supply (awkward method).

Otherwise the camera is never powered up and hence no IP.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

What OS are you running?

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I already have it hooked up with a POE injector. That is currently hooked to my Ethernet switch.

I have a Mac and a PC (windows 10) I can connect the camera to whichever is easier.

————————————————

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I already have it hooked up with a POE injector. That is currently hooked to my Ethernet switch. CORRECT

I have a Mac and a PC (windows 10) I can connect the camera to whichever is easier. PC also connected to switch

W10 INFO (note: just change the IP address and subnet mask ~ the default gateway and DNS don't matter for this purpose)