SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Having trouble finding IP address for new Dahua camera UPDATE: Up and running! Nice camera
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Having trouble finding IP address for new Dahua camera UPDATE: Up and running! Nice camera Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Must it be connected to the same switch??
The PC is connected to my AirPort Extreme, the Extreme to a switch in the utility closet, the camera is connected to a switch in the garage connected to the switch in the utility closet.
If that even makes sense.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25674 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Must it be connected to the same switch??

Not if they all are connected together (cable from Apple LAN port to switch).
If it makes it easier then physically put them all on the same switch.

PC-> Apple (LAN port)
Cam-> injector -> Switch (unless POE is built in to the switch)
Apple (LAN port) <-> Switch

Posts: 23193 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Sounds good.
Thanks much.
Hopefully I'll get a chance to fiddle with it when I get home tonight.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Well I had it up and running.

I had to hardwire both the camera and the PC to the Airport Extreme.
Had it up and going pulled up on Blue Iris and everything.

Pulled the hard wire out of the PC went back to wifi and took the camera back to the switch downstairs I no longer have it.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Did you access the camera admin and change the IP from 192.168.1.108 to one on your 10.0.1.x network before you disconnected ?

Posts: 2689 | Location: Orlando Area | Registered: February 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I did.

I have the PC running on wifi as I have a couple of other things at my desk that have to be hard wired.
I changed the IP address on the computer with the wifi connection and I was still unable to locate the camera with the 192.168. address. But the camera was still plugged into the switch in the basement.

I temporarily plugged the PC into Airport Extreme and changed the IP address at the same time I hooked the camera directly into the Airport Extreme as well and was able to log into the cameras default 192.168 address with no problems. I changed the camera IP to 10.0.1.xx. I then changed the computer IP address back to 10.0.1.xx and everything was running just fine.
Set the camera up on Blue Iris and it was working as it should.
I was able to pull the camera up on the dahua config program and it also showed up on the FING app.

I took the camera back downstairs and plugged it into the switch and I am no longer able to find the camera nor will it access it with a browser.

I guess my switch is causing the issue.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
That would be my guess also. Near the edge of my IP networking knowledge Wink

Posts: 2689 | Location: Orlando Area | Registered: February 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigredfish:
That would be my guess also. Near the edge of my IP networking knowledge Wink

I am out here drowning in the ocean. This stuff is all new to me.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Pulled the Camera from the 2nd Switch and have it in the first switch and everything is rolling just fine.
I guess there is an issue with that switch I need to figure out. It is old may just have gone bad.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Great!

Perhaps it was setup to provide a vlan on a different subnet,,,?

posted Hide Post
By the way Black, on that cam - HDW4431C-A-V2 - be very careful on updating firmware. That is a Chinese Region cam (corners cut to cut cost), different than the International models and may not play well with any firmware updating.

Always check to see if your Dahua camera is listed here to be sure it is sold as an International model.
http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/index.php

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
By the way Black, on that cam - HDW4431C-A-V2 - be very careful on updating firmware. That is a Chinese Region cam (corners cut to cut cost), different than the International models and may not play well with any firmware updating.

Always check to see if your Dahua camera is listed here to be sure it is sold as an International model.
http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/index.php

Yeah, I learned about the difference after I ordered.
I figured I would be good as it came with "English Firmware" I did not learn of the international models and Chinese models until after I could not find that model on the US Dahua site.

It is a simple static camera with no zoom or any major features so I should be good. I'll pay more attention to make sure the rest I add will be international models.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Finally got it up and rolling. Been fiddling with it in the garage as weather has been crappy. Hopefully I'll get it up and tweak the video settings once I get it in place.
The daytime video is very very good. I have not fooled with the night vision too much.
The audio is outstanding granted it is currently in concrete walled garage so it is like a sound booth.
I'll be interested to see how well the sound does outside. I got one with a microphone because this camera is focused on the area of the yard where my kids play.
I watch the the videos sometimes of when they play and I can tell they are up to some mischief and discussing it. So I want to hear what they are up to.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Cool!

Yeah 4MP should provide a very good daytime image. The audio sounds promising, I dont have a cam with it, so will be interested to hear how it works for you. I've been toying with different ideas for a door video/audio intercom solution but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Looking at the Dahua kits:
http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/...gory/ip-kit-483.html

My Two main Starlights looking over the driveway have audio outputs so I may toy with an external mic for them... I hesitate due to privacy laws with regards to audio... Need to read up on Floriduh law.

That 4MP won't be quite as good at night, but if you can add enough white light to get it to use forced color mode it won't matter Wink That or add extra IR illumination to supplement the onboard IR if need be. All depends on the location and available white light.

Post some video when you get a chance.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cool!

Yeah 4MP should provide a very good daytime image. The audio sounds promising, I dont have a cam with it, so will be interested to hear how it works for you. I've been toying with different ideas for a door video/audio intercom solution but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Looking at the Dahua kits:
http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/...gory/ip-kit-483.html

My Two main Starlights looking over the driveway have audio outputs so I may toy with an external mic for them... I hesitate due to privacy laws with regards to audio... Need to read up on Floriduh law.

That 4MP won't be quite as good at night, but if you can add enough white light to get it to use forced color mode it won't matter Wink That or add extra IR illumination to supplement the onboard IR if need be. All depends on the location and available white light.

Post some video when you get a chance.

I got the 4mp just to try. The Amcrest is 1.4mp so the rest of the cameras I get will likely be lower MP cams.
With just the Amcrest 1.4mp cam I was running 13-20% CPU usage.

Now with both going I am constantly at around 60% and that is with the new camera just aimed at the garage ceiling and max it out if I am fooling with stuff and using audio.

So I may end up having to get another PC just for the cams. This PC is a few years old and has an AMDA8-7600 3.10GHz. Not sure what that equates too in the itel world but I am guessing well below an i5.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Of course with every new venture comes a new hurdle.
I don't want interior cameras it creeps me out. Plus cameras are hackable. Outside no big deal you won't see anything you can't see from the road or peaking over the fence.
But I have an old junk FOSCAM interior PTZ ball camera I figured I would just put on top of or maybe in the safe.
So I plug it in and FING finds the IP address right away.
Log into it via browser and change the admin settings and it is up and rolling PTZ control and all.
Plug the info into BlueIris and it says no signal. Refused Check IP address and port.

Not sure the deal as I have it pulled up in the browser with no issue.
Camera is likely 10 years old so BlueIris may just not want to play with it.

————————————————