SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mexico sues gun manufacturers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mexico sues gun manufacturers Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted
Link

And they admitted to shopping for the right fed district.

Such BS, those corrupt bastards have the nerve.

Didn't see anything posted after search except old thread 2 years ago about Mexico threatening lawsuits.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4364 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Fuck Mexico.

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like if Mexico was really concerned with firearms entering their country, they could close their border with the U.S.
Works for me!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Indeed, 220 Smudge, indeed.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Pendejos.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Maybe they shouldn't settle next time, they opened the door.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20843 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mexican officials said the lawsuit was not aimed at the U.S. government, and Ebrard said he believed the Biden administration was willing to work with Mexico to stem arms trafficking.

I'm <sarcasm> shocked </sarcasm> that they wouldn't hold America to blame after the failed "Fast and Furious" debacle of years past.

Me thinks they place too much faith in Biden.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3356 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
And we should sue the ever-living shit out of MX in return for all the drugs coming into the US.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:
Link

And they admitted to shopping for the right fed district.

Yep. They brought it to the US courts "to ensure impartiality"* and then filed in Massacheusetts "because some of the gun companies are headquartered there".

The interesting question to me is how they plan to get around the Lawful Commerce In Firearms Act. The Connecticut state Supreme Court had to essentially reimagine Congressional intent in order to claim that Remington's oh-so-provocative (Roll Eyes) advertising made them liable to a civil suit. Is Mexico planning on colluding with Massacheusetts courts to simply drag out proceedings until the gun companies pay them to just go away?

* Any award granted by a court in Mexico would have to be essentially approved by a US court before it could be enforced in the US. Doing that is often extremely difficult; it's not at all uncommon for the case to pretty much be retried in the US court. That's why a lot of overseas litigants just go ahead and sue in American courts rather than in their home countries.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
All manufactures cease shipments of arms, parts and ammunition to Mexico.

I wonder how many of these illegal arms being used by the cartels were stolen from the Mexican government, or provided by corrupt officials.

Are they also suing Taurus, H&K, Kalashniov?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38004 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Maybe they shouldn't settle next time, they opened the door.

You mean Remington's settlement?

The law of precedent is powerful. Floodgates are now open.

Posts: 1094 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Pendejos.

Cabrones

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29730 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
There is already one more lawsuit in CA going forward against S&W and NYS passed a state law that circumvents the lawful commerce act.

Personally, I'd like to see gun manufacturers band together and refuse to sell to governments, state or national, that allow these illegal and immoral lawsuits.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4364 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Hey, if they don't like the flow of US guns, maybe Mexico should build a wall.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2845 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Hey, if they don't like the flow of US guns, maybe Mexico should build a wall.

Fast and furiously.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29730 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a bunch of political posturing by a presidential hopeful. The current Mexican president Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO), a far-lefty in political circles hasn't done jack-shit in dealing with the cartels, in fact, one of his campaigns was 'hugs not, gunshot', no shit! Eek Basically shat all over any law enforcement and like the many metro DA's in this county, has been very soft on crime. As I mentioned, he's far-left, to the point of giving asylum to former Bolivian shit-head Evo Morales.

The Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard, who's quoted in the article is the presumed successor to AMLO, he's also a far-lefty. He's a darling of the far-left and of course, those globalist lefties are looking for alignment with other country's lefties, ergo Biden admin and the Democrats war on firearms and US private ownership.

This all comes at a convienant time as Sig Arms is looking for US Gov approval to secure a $5.5m rifle contract with the Mexican Navy

Posts: 14691 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Seems like if Mexico was really concerned with firearms entering their country, they could close their border with the U.S.
Works for me!

Don't forget their southern border!!! Mexico has become nothing more than a pit stop for the illegals coming thru their southern border. Those illegals then manage to get thru our southern border, courtesy of the nitwit in the white house.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
And we should sue the ever-living shit out of MX in return for all the drugs coming into the US.

Don't forget all those illegals streaming out of Mexico.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna a sue Mexico back.

Fajitas and queso slow killed more folks than gun!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6344 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Fuck Mexico!

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11784 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post