SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mexico sues gun manufacturers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mexico sues gun manufacturers Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Fuck Mexico!

Well calm down, I for one love tacos, manicured lawns, avocados, etc.

Can we trade, can we come to a mutual understanding?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6344 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Irony or what?

The small arms maker Sig Sauer Inc has sought U.S. approval to sell millions of dollars' worth of automatic assault rifles to the armed services of Mexico in a deal that will help to modernize the country's military, people familiar with the situation said.

The U.S. Congress was notified last week that the Mexican Navy and Naval Infantry are in line to purchase as much as $5.5 million worth of automatic rifles made by Sig Sauer.

The deal could be controversial because in the past weapons sold to Mexican authorities have found their way into the hands of criminals. Mexico's drug war violence has largely been carried out with weapons from the United States, imported both legally and illegally.

Weapons that contain some parts or intellectual property from the United States fall under U.S. export control rules, requiring approval.

https://www.reuters.com/busine...-sources-2021-08-03/

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
The US should sue Mexico for our drug problem

Posts: 1539 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dan03833:
The US should sue Mexico for our drug problem

Yeah about that...

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6344 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
So, are they suing Sig at the same time they are buying guns from them? 5.5 Million does not sound like a lot of guns...

I say not only stop selling to Mexico but request they, the military and government, return all the American made guns they still have, that have not been passed on the the drug cartels.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. The Former Vice President wants to put in some kind of gun control. He said so the other day. Maybe this lawsuit will be the mechanism he uses to work toward that goal.

It is all well and good to have a knee-jerk reaction and say screw Mexico, but I believe there would be more to the story.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Guess we should sue Mexican Tequila Distillories and Mexican Cervesa brands for all the DWI's their repeat offenders living here in Houston cause.

My guess is many more innocent lives are lost to drunk illegal Mexicans just in Houston than innocents lost to gun brand marketing.

Mexican Tequila and Mexican Beer causes Death to Americans. Lawsuit Time

Posts: 3506 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A return to US policies that include annexation, specifically of Mexico, would cause me to walk this earth the rest of my days with a smile across my face that could not be removed.

It has to be annexation, not a political compromise so that we could use military force to destroy the cartels that run the entire country. Destroy the cartels and their drug and human trafficking that destroys lives.

Annexation then leads to citizenship, but I am not so sure that American citizenship is the goal of illegal immigrants. It is access to economic benefits without assuming a responsible share of those costs. Annexation Day +1, "here's your new SS card, and here's your 1040 Income Tax form. Welcome Amigo!".

Annexation would then create a booming real estate market all the way down the Baja Peninsula as the economies of each country normalize.

We have a 2,100 mike border that we can't protect. Mexico has a 500 mile Southern border that they do protect.

Perhaps the system in effect benefits many more people financially if it stays EXACTLY how it is. Corrupt politicians on both sides, Cartels, drug dealers and those that prey on the vulnerable.

On second thought, just make it a nuke test site.

Posts: 218 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once ate a "Roach Coach" Burrito that damn near killed me.

Who can I sue?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:
<<snip>>
Personally, I'd like to see gun manufacturers band together and refuse to sell to governments, state or national, that allow these illegal and immoral lawsuits.

Personally, I believe that would be the best way forward at this moment. S&W, Glock, and any others with current standing contracts should cease shipment of product immediately, cancel existing contracts, and refuse to sign any more. Let those government entities buy their stuff from Mexico (or some other low-life country) instead!

Posts: 4604 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PghPI:
Annexation would then create a booming real estate market all the way down the Baja Peninsula as the economies of each country normalize.

Have you ever been down the length of Baja recently?
Within the next 5-years every beach facing the Pacific will have a resort and/or endless homes similar to what you see along the North Coast of San Diego. Americano's and middle/upper-class Mexicans all have coastal properties and there's no shortage of unfinished homes and resort projects.

Posts: 14689 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post