SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is there a way to download YouTube vids?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a way to download YouTube vids? Login/Join 
posted
I would like to download a tutorial video to my laptop so I can watch it in my garage, WIFI won't reach that far.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
https://youtubedownloader.com/

This has worked for me for a few years. Quick & easy to use.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7660 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
There is but YouTube wants you to get their paid subscription and doesn't want you to use 3rd party websites or add-ons.
I sent you an email.

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
You need a third party app. There are some free ones and some that cost a few bucks. Google "download Youtube videos"

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
4K Video Downloader

Also, Video Download Helper, which is a browser add-on. You can get it for Firefox and Chrome, and most likely other browsers as well.

All of this is free

Posts: 107754 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Boss, got it figured out quite easily. Big Grin

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By any chance, would those be AR build tutorials? Big Grin

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In 4K Video Downloader, configure and use the Smart Mode. This allows you to set the resolution you want to download the vids (always maximum resolution AFAIC) and it allows you to specify a download directory. That way, when you want to download a video, all you have to do is copy the video URL out of your browser's address bar, launch 4K, click the Paste button, and your video downloads automatically into the directory you previously specified. Fewer mouse clicks and more convenient than standard mode.

4K even allows you to download entire youtube channels, but in order to have this functionality, you have to purchase the full version of the app. Otherwise, with the freeware version, channel downloads are limited to 25 videos. IIRC, with the full version, you can set the app to automatically download new videos for channels you specify. Very convenient if you want to capture every video from particular channels.

Then again, there's nothing stopping you from manually downloading every video from a channel, using the freeware version. It's just less convenient and more time consuming.

Additionally, when videos are restricted and prompt you to sign in to be able to view the video, I just bypass that shit and download the video using 4K. My way of giving youtube the finger.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107754 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:

Yep, down the rabbit hole.

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I use the 4k Downloader that Para referenced.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
T have been using this site for several years now.

https://www.clipconverter.cc/

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:

Yep, down the rabbit hole.

Watch the detent and springs Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I would never encourage copyright infringement... but for expanding your music library this works easy 'n fast and free... with no sign in or registering... works online, no app or nothin to download software wise.

Just copy and past a youtube URL and hit "convert". The youtube shortened "share" link will work also. It quickly converts audio from the youtube video at the highest available quality to audio, mp3 format, then you select "download" and it downloads the resulting mp3 to your download folder.

It also does mp4 video... but I haven't tried that.

YouTube to Mp3

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4131 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post