SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Suggestions on how to best support Georgian Senate candidates..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions on how to best support Georgian Senate candidates.. Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted
Like many of you we contributed toward the President’s re-election campaign and somehow managed to get on every Republican who was running for office’s Donor list.

I’m really humbled to get personal texts from my good friends, Don Jr., Mitch, Sally, Lindsey as well as Donald himself....I’m sure many of you are on a first name basis as well ;-).

So now it looks like there will be a hotly contested run off Senate campaign in which insanely huge sums of money will be spent. As we know the balance of the Senate (and therefore, the country) lies in the outcome of these elections.

So my question to you is should I consider donating to:
1. The National Republican Party
2. The Senate re-election committee.
3. The individual candidates
4. Somewhere else...

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6331 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Eddie,
Given that Georgia is in play for control, I think it is very important that we defend it if we can. You already should know that Big Tech, Bloomberg and the other millionaires and billionaires are pouring money and resources into the Georgia race. They are also talking about have democrats move to Georgia on a *temporary* basis just to vote. They will deny it, but don't believe it. Every time their lips move, it's a lie...
Anyway, I give to:
https://winred.com/
You can register with them and with an account, you can see how much money you have contributed to the cause to multiple candidates.
If they send you "texts" and you don't want them after you register with them, just send STOP back and the messages end.
Even Joe Manchin claims he will not vote to end the filibuster, pack courts, etc... Don't believe him, his lips are moving. The only way to secure the Senate is with Republican control, period.
Take care,

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I was thinking the same thing, I will be donating to both of them. We have to keep the Senate.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I like the winred site. Allows you to donate directly to the campaigns you want to.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6331 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I was going to start a thread like this, so thanks.

I donated to each of their "forsenate" direct web pages.

The wife and I donated alot of money for us this campaign. Feel good about every dollar spent.

we simply have to win both of these seats folks!

If you have $10-100 lying around these races are a great place to spend it.

A Republican senate is the only thing standing between a full on leftist wet dream or stalemate till mid terms when we get a chance to exact some sweet revenge like 2018 for us!

HK Ag

Posts: 3505 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I donated through Winred. The GOP needs to maintain a majority in the Senate!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10495 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do they need our employer information? Just out of curiosity.

Posts: 686 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
Why do they need our employer information? Just out of curiosity.

You can just put “retired” or “decline to answer.”

GRNC sent out a request to help their PVF, apparently they are going to physically go and support GA gun shows, stock dealers with flyers, etc. Their email said they needed to help GA-based gun rights orgs.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Possibly slightly off topic. Mods feel free to move if it fits better elsewhere.
Q: With the recount in Georgia will they also recount the Senate races? I ask because it seems possible that one or both of the R's could get over the 50% required. Would that then negate the need for the special election?

Posts: 1969 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
AOC butting in... Roll Eyes

Democrats Raise $280K Overnight for Georgia Senate Runoffs: AOC
By Isabel van Brugen
November 13, 2020 Updated: November 13, 2020
Print

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) announced Thursday that overnight, more than $280,000 in Democratic funding for grassroots organizations working to elect Democratic senators in the Georgia runoffs was raised.

The money was raised to back Democrats Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff, who are aiming to unseat Georgia’s GOP senators Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue. Should Democrats take the seats, they would have a 50-50 tie in the Senate.

“Update: Holy cow – we surged to $280k for the GA grassroots last night! That’s some #EmbraceTheBase ENERGY right there. Keep going!” Ocasio-Cortez, the youngest woman to ever serve as a member of Congress, said in a statement on Twitter.

She suggested she believes the sum reflects the amount of Democratic support Georgia has.

A hand recount was announced for the state on Nov. 11 by Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger. At the time of this publication, Democratic candidate Joe Biden led President Donald Trump by about 14,000 votes.

The recount effort is headed by Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.).
Epoch Times Photo
Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.) speaks to media while other impeachment defense team advisors look on, at the Capitol in Washington on Jan. 27, 2020. (Charlotte Cuthbertson/The Epoch Times)

“Every illegal vote suppresses a legal vote, and we don’t want to see that happen,” Collins said during the call.

He said if the Biden campaign is concerned with transparency, it should join the effort and noted that the opposing campaign will be represented in the recount.

In addition to the recount, the campaign is also pursuing inquiries into allegations that some people were denied their right to vote, that ballots were illegally harvested, and that signatures on mail-in ballot packages were not properly matched with the signatures election authorities have on record.

The Epoch Times has not called the presidential election for either Trump or Biden, pending the outcome of legal challenges, as the Electoral College makes the final say.

On Sunday, Ocasio-Cortez suggested that she will be prioritizing wins for Ossoff and Warnock. In total, contributors have donated well-over a quarter-million dollars, she said in an update Thursday.

“I’m going to be spending my next couple of months doing everything that I can to extend help and offer support to the work of fantastic leaders … to make sure that we don’t have a Republican Senate majority, that we win these races in Georgia, that we secure a Democratic Senate majority,” she told CNN.

The National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) and the campaigns of Perdue and Loeffler meanwhile have raised a total of $32 million in less than a week in the run-up to state runoffs.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...ffs-aoc_3577465.html

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3927 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While the gains in the House and the down-ballot State races are encouraging for future strategies, the Senate needs to be held. Should Biden/Harris hold the POTUS, it's imperative the Senate be GOP controlled.

Posts: 14672 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post