SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elijah Cummings dead at 68
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elijah Cummings dead at 68 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Who will be the first Democrat to nominate him for Sainthood?
Nancy Pelosi

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:
I think that was the only way to get him out of government.

I think you were correct. Now the question is will his replacement be worse (If that is possible)?

Omar, Rashid, AOC, whatever the name of the 4th in "The Squad." Of course his electorate can do worse. And probably will.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Omar, Rashid, AOC, whatever the name of the 4th in "The Squad." Of course his electorate can do worse. And probably will.

Well Conyer's district did, that is how Tialb got in. And we of Michigan thought it could not get worse.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Loudmouthed, ignorant fucking asshole. He was a genuine blight on America and I am not going to act for one single second like I am not happy to hear this. America-hating piece of shit.

I am overjoyed that never again am I going to have to listen to him run his IGNORANT mouth.

You are giving Loudmouthed, ignorant, fucking assholes a bad rap.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Too bad he didn't take Shiff with him. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
quote:

Well Conyer's district did, that is how Tialb got in. And we of Michigan thought it could not get worse.

Who's "we," paleface?

Ever since I watched Detroiters re-elect Kwame Kilpatrick after he'd already been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, nothing anybody did in that area of the state surprised me any longer.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Stress and hard work is hard on the old ticker and usually ends in a shortened life.

I wonder if he is an organ donor?

Good bye!

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I was surprised at his early demise, but not particularly saddened. I think premature death is always unfortunate, and I offer prayers for his family and comrades (word used deliberately), but I'm not unhappy that he's no longer a Congressman.

However, I am confident that his replacement will probably be no more competent or patriotic, given the nature of the district.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Watch him try to filibuster St. Peter, talk over God and con Jesus into thinking that Cummings is "revolutionary".

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like stories with good endings.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I saw a comment on the news article on Cummings death. The comment was what exactly were Cummings' accomplishments during his 20 years in Congress?

1. Stole more money than other Democraps

2. Didn't bang Kamela Harris.......as far as we know. Big Grin

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
That’s a shame, I’m really devastated. Roll Eyes
I think I clean and RainX the truck windows...

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
made my day

no matter what else happens today, this made it all just a bit brighter

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Looked outside and I think the sky is a little bluer, the birds are singing a little more sweetly, and flowers smell even better today.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Burn in hell you piece of shit and I can't wait for the rest of your America-hating leftist son's o' whores to join you.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obviously, this man has a following on Sig Forum.......it is just that everyone has a rope in his hand!!! Works for me!!!

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The man was reportedly signing subpoenas for Trump's impeachment from his deathbed.

I held off, but I'll say it now. What a piece of shit.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ GOLD! Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Yep...no engineers to fix the A/C and the escalator is broken. But there are plenty of shovels to shovel the coal.

President Trump was looking ahead and brought the coalmines back so you lucked out there. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post