SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elijah Cummings dead at 68
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elijah Cummings dead at 68 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I believe his wife is currently under indictment.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I believe his wife is currently under indictment.

So she's qualified.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I did a fun little experiment just now. I went over to Fox News’s website to see their headline then I went to good olde propagandist CNN’s site. Fucking worthless CNN has to mention Trump in every effing headline so they mentioned Cummings was head of some dept investigating Trump in the headline that said Cummings passed.

They are so obsessed with Trump that EVERY story has to be related to him somehow or allude to his nefarious ways. I’m not sure if Fox was this bad when Obama was president and I didn’t notice it or if CNN has just decided to give up on being perceived as being objective at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Sooooo Sad.
The Human Turtle is gone.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I did a fun little experiment just now. I went over to Fox News’s website to see their headline then I went to good olde propagandist CNN’s site. Fucking worthless CNN has to mention Trump in every effing headline so they mentioned Cummings was head of some dept investigating Trump in the headline that said Cummings passed.

They are so obsessed with Trump that EVERY story has to be related to him somehow or allude to his nefarious ways. I’m not sure if Fox was this bad when Obama was president and I didn’t notice it or if CNN has just decided to give up on being perceived as being objective at all.

Trump gave him so much stress that he probably popped an aneurysm. Just an example of liberal head exploding. So, Trump was responsible.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another rat bit the dust in Baltimore.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I find it amazing that he, or anyone for that matter, could be elected over and over and do nothing for those he represented. Promise the world, deliver nothing, get re-elected. Fool me once or twice, easy, but for 25 years? That's some world class stupid right there.
Rod

Edit because I forgot to say something good about the dead. GOOD he's dead!

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I wonder who are the next two, since these things seem to happen in threes.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Another rat bit the dust in Baltimore.

Another GDC will spring up in his place... but GOOD he's dead!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
His wife is chair of the state Dem Party, so I won't be surprised if they treat it like a hereditary seat.

Fortunately (maybe), he was only a Rep. and in Maryland, that means a special election. (Not that I'm optimistic we'll get anybody other than a GDC to replace him given the lines of his district.)

If he were a Senator, our RINO Anti-Trump Gov. would get to appoint a replacement and no doubt be looking at Mrs. Cummings or someone equally as left under the theory that "it's the right thing to do".

Therefore, I choose to remain hopeful until the special election. (If one is called - might just leave the seat empty until the 2020 election at this point.)

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
He looks way older than 68.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
He looks way older than 68.

Looked.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Well ok then. Moving on with my day....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
He was a proponent for the bullshit impeachment proceedings against Trump. Good riddance to a leftist piece of filth.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Next.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I saw debra waterleak Schultze waxing nostalgic and expressing her sorrow on cnn. It reminded me of election night 2016.

I might need to reread the alcoholism thread, I started desiring a celebratory drink at the sight of liberal tears.

They think this a great man? Of course they do, they get everything wrong.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The question is, how many days will this fight for dominance with Impeach Trump in the mainstream media?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Elijah Cummings dead? Tragic.

Posts: 26908 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given that it is impolite to speak I’ll of the dead...

Nice weather we're having today.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post