SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For those facing Thanksgiving in grief or alone...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those facing Thanksgiving in grief or alone... Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Prayers up, Skins, for your father in law and all your family.

God bless America.

Posts: 13507 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
If you guys wouldn't mind saying a prayer for my father in law.

He's paraplegic, stuck at home alone with wife traveling and the relationship on the rocks. His mother died today and he lost his dog as well. So he is alone, sad, grieving, and without the one creature in the world who would never hurt him.

I couldn't imagine a worst week for anyone.

Thank you for the perspective. I know that I have much to be thankful for but maybe I didn’t realize just how much i have. If he was in NE FL i would look in on him for you.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

He's paraplegic, stuck at home alone with wife traveling and the relationship on the rocks. His mother died today and he lost his dog as well. So he is alone, sad, grieving, and without the one creature in the world who would never hurt him.

Prayers sent.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Thank you for the thoughts and offer in the post. I lost my father at Christmastime 30 years ago this Dec. 22/23 (depending on how you count the day from beginning of the heart attack to the end when they called it at the hospital). Still leaves an unfilled hole. But it gets easier as time goes on. Mostly due to family and friends, but a lot because of people like you.

Again, thank you and bless you and yours.

I’ve yet to lose a parent so I have no frame of reference. All I can say is that your description of the missing relationship causes me to imagine what it must be like.

Praying for you.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:

May God grant him grace sufficient for today and bright hope for tomorrow.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjames: If you need someone to talk to...I’m a nobody...but my email is in my profile.

You are NOT a nobody. We are Sigfamily Smile

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both my parents are gone, as is my wife’s father. We live somewhat far away from any of our family. But my son and our three dogs will be with us. Which makes it special for us. For those not feeling special, my email is also in my profile. Or stop by.... Youngsville NC. Happy Thanksgiving...

Posts: 425 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Great sentiments.

But many who will be alone this Thanksgiving are very private and reticent to reach out, persevering solo.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16231 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:

My family will pray for him. I'm sorry he has had all of that happening to him.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
That is very kind of you to start this thread sjames. My email is davidhtruong@gmail.com

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6012 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife lost her Mom this past May so this going to be a rough holiday season her and her sisters. Her Dad died years ago. Her Mother was the last parent alive of any of us (3 sister and husbands)but we all live within 10 miles of each other and have always been close so we will get by. We have a lot to thankful for a good family, friends, jobs, health, and lot grandkids (with even 2-3 little ones crawling around).

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 727 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post