SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many paper checks do you write per year nowadays?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many paper checks do you write per year nowadays? Login/Join 
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
About 48.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14013 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
havent written a check in 10 years!!

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Probably 20-25 per year.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Less than 10...probably in the 5-6 range.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I'm an outlier I know

So am I! There are very few businesses that I allow to directly access my account. Why? Here's why:

I have a lawn company that comes over to maintain my lawn in the warmer weather. They "direct bill" me (i.e. charge my credit card). This year, there were two instances where the charges were questionable. I called the company and wanted to close the account. I was given a story about personnel changes due to Covid, etc., etc.

When the services are done, my lawn looks spectacular (as long as I do my part). I told them, one more questionable service charge and they are done!

I'd hate to have to monitor all the companies I have services done with. Easiest way, write a paper check! Problem solved!!!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Well, there was that time back in 2003...

Posts: 9160 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I write about 4 or 5 a month. I know that's a lot these days.

Posts: 2228 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtute et Armis
Picture of hft119
posted Hide Post
About three a year,

NRA Benefactor
GOA

Posts: 128 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I probably now only write 6 paper checks a year, but sometimes something comes up that may call for one or two more. That is a WHOLE lot less than say 15+ years ago.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
35 last year. A monthly sub-contractor, a few other contract jobs, taxes, a few local businesses that don't do the CC thing at all, a couple medical bills...

It's seldom enough that I don't carry a checkbook; I just have a few checks in my "paper brain."

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2071 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
At most maybe 6-8 paper checks a year.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
Last year I wrote 32 checks. I expect about the same this year.

Posts: 2223 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last check I wrote was the next to last mortgage payment on my house 18 mths ago

Friend that held the mortgage likes it old school

The next check I handed him was a certified bank check to pay my house off

3 weeks later he passed away, I’ll forever be indebted to him for his assistance. I’m happy I repaid his loan while he was still alive. Face to face

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6234 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2-3 a year. Most recently To my neighbor who is also a professional arborist and removed and trimmed some trees for me. Only because I asked him how much for cash and he said your already getting friend price. Fair enough.

Posts: 4776 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure it's only one - for the county property tax on my house. Pay be check because there's a % surcharge for paying with a credit card.

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Before looking at my check register, I guessed about 60. Turns out I was a tad low. I wrote 79 checks in 2021. What can I say, I'm old school...

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
<25 that I still need/want to write a check for.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
Around 15 personal checks but over 200 business. I hate writing checks.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably 20-25. 12 for just my music lessons.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
60+? probably 5-7 a month, each month.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4620 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post