SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody watching Jeff Bozos Blue Origin launch.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody watching Jeff Bozos Blue Origin launch. Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
Countdown under 12 minutes.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
My wife will be as the female astronaut, Wally, is an alumni of the same college my wife later attended.

Posts: 3696 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Kind of like watching the Titanic load up!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I must admit, that was pretty cool!

Posts: 3440 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I watched it. I was amazed how smooth the landing for the booster and capsule was.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Looked like a giant flying cock. What the hell?

An Austin Powers rocket.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30293 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

An Austin Powers rocket.

Hah!! Exactly what I said to my husband, esp when the cameraman was unable to fix on it, and the image moved up and down several times- too funny!

Overall, pretty cool, though.. exciting to see forward progress.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5280 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed watching and found it interesting especially from growing up during the 50s and 60s. Started watching from 10 minutes before liftoff till about 5 minutes after the crew exited the capsule.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of manufactured excitement. Alan Shepard's flight was suspenseful. Now if they put Bezos in a cannon and blasted him off that would be exciting.

Posts: 17173 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Another competing platform to get the cost of space travel down.

All the minimum wage butthurt wealth envy on the live feed was delicious.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34075 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
quote:

An Austin Powers rocket.
Big Grin Big Grin I said the exact thing to my partner in our office as we watched it!

Posts: 3440 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That was freakin cool!!

Posts: 5294 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Quick round trip

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Nice to see it all worked as spec'ed. Smile

Cool as all the technologies on Bezos, Branson and Musk's rides are, I don't know that the business will be commercially viable for very long. Maps into a pretty pricey, fairly short amusement park ride. I guess bragging rights will come into play for the earliest customers.

That said, increased spacefaring activity will bring down costs. And like the space program, the work will undoubtedly develop new tech and bring down costs for subsequent projects.

It's all good. And they have the money to invest to make this all happen, so good for them!

Congratulations, Mr. Bezos!

Posts: 15000 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It was cool, and is a step on the way to regular, reliable private spaceflight.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I've been a fan of space flight since Sputnik took flight when I was a kid. I remember the Vanguard and Redstone rocket failures at beginning of space race with the USSR. Alan Sheppard, John Glenn and Neil Armstrong are heroes to me. Blue Origin sets a new benchmark in spaceflight because it was done by a private company and will create a new space race. I don't care how you feel about Bezos and Branson, but that is really cool and exciting stuff.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
quote:

An Austin Powers rocket.

Hah!! Exactly what I said to my husband, esp when the cameraman was unable to fix on it, and the image moved up and down several times- too funny!

Overall, pretty cool, though.. exciting to see forward progress.

"Flesh Gordon" , 1974.

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looked like a giant flying cock.

That's a terrible thing to say about Jeff Bezos Razz

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wake me up when one of these billionaires flies to the moon and back. Or at least spends a few days in space orbiting the Earth. Until then, astronauts they are not (IMO).

Nevertheless, that'd be one cool ass ride just going up and back.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30293 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it looked kinda...boring. It just went up and came down again. I expected a bit more there.

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post