SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Earthquake !!! 5.7
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Earthquake !!! 5.7 Login/Join 
posted
Just sat through a 5.7 earthquake in Salt Lake City. That will definitely wake you up. I made sure my son was OK, then my coworkers (in that order). WOW. 3 after shocks so far.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Hope everyone's safe. Seeing it posted by my friends in the SLC area.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3402 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Wowza!! Glad you are safe. Prayers for everyone!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
It's the End Times! Locusts are next.

Just kidding, hope you stay safe.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Felt it in Ogden as well. I guess it's time to go get some bottled water and toilet paper...oh, never mind.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
It woke us up - even the teenagers (which is almost impossible to do). 5.7 followed by 2 3.5 aftershocks.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
It woke us up - even the teenagers (which is almost impossible to do). 5.7 followed by 2 3.5 aftershocks.

They weren't already up getting ready for school? Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Anxiety on top of anxiety. My kids in Utah all felt it.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sorenson:
Felt it in Ogden as well. I guess it's time to go get some bottled water and toilet paper...oh, never mind.

All the efforts for emergency preparation are meaningless and wasted. Until one day . . . . it's too late.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
We just had the biggest earthquake I've ever felt in my 16 years in Park City.

Lung Pao Sicken panic and now an earthquake. And we also woke up to a few inches of snow on the ground. I'm starting to think someone is playing Jumanji.

LOL (from another thread)

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12429 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s was probably just Balze taking a spill on his bike.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It felt like about a 4.0 on the Richter Scale to me, in Portage (just below the Idaho border). I just put a modular home on my property and was a little concerned the foundation was shifting!!!

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
The floor in our house felt like it was rolling. The Salt Lake International Airport is closed too.

Posts: 12469 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
It was just wipes and paper towels breaking loose in the sewers.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by sorenson:

All the efforts for emergency preparation are meaningless and wasted. Until one day . . . . it's too late.

Virgins and lamp oil

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Bridger
posted Hide Post
Called my son in SLC. He is OK and has electricity. SLC sets on the Wasatch Fault. A major earth quack is predicted to hit some day? One occurred long a go forming the Great Salt Lake.

Posts: 54 | Registered: March 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
It's the End Times! Locusts are next.

Just kidding, hope you stay safe.

Swarms of locusts expected to plague Africa and Middle East

JERUSALEM — A plague of locusts considered “extremely alarming” is headed toward Africa and the Middle East but is likely to bypass Israel.

The locusts are breeding and forming new swarms in the Horn of Africa, The Times of Israel reported, citing Locust Watch, part of the Food and Agriculture Organization at the United Nations.
The swarms represent “an unprecedented threat to food security,” according to the Locust Watch website.
Among the countries expected to be the hardest hit are Kenya, Ethiopia, Somalia, Iran, Pakistan and Sudan, according to the report.
Coronavirus restrictions on travel may prevent proper, timely treatment against the pests.
The last such serious infestation in the region was a plague in 1987 to 1989.

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It woke my son and his wife in Provo.

P229

Posts: 3836 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Amateurs.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11776 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
We felt it pretty well up in Park City. Nearly shook me out of bed.

Had an appointment for service to my Tahoe down in Salt Lake. Showed up but they aren't lifting any cars today due to the shaker. Oh well, I got to catch up on some podcasts during the drive in any case.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30415 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post